Dr. Samuel Beenken is a general practitioner practicing in Birmingham, AL. Dr. Beenken does not specialize in one area of medicine, however provides routine health care services. General practitioners typically have regular, even life-long patients who they provide health care services to. Dr. Beenken provides services including physical exams, immunizations, and diagnosing and treating multiple illnesses and injuries. General practitioners typically work in private offices and clinics and have staffs of nurses and administators.
Education and Training
Univ Of Manitoba- Fac Of Med- Winnipeg- Man- Canada 1975
SurgeryAmerican Board of SurgeryABS
- Bayesian monitoring of phase II trials in cancer chemoprevention.
- Multimodality treatment of Merkel cell carcinoma: case series and literature
- 9cUAB30, an RXR specific retinoid, and/or tamoxifen in the prevention of methylnitrosourea-induced mammary cancers.
- Inhibition of the mutant p53 gene in transformation assays.
- An intron binding protein is required for transformation ability of p53.
- Growth-promoting activity of desmopressin in murine leukemia cells treated in vitro.
- Retinoid modulation of biomarkers in oral leukoplakia/dysplasia.
- Models for early chemoprevention trials in breast cancer.
Dr. Samuel W Beenken MD's Practice location
Birmingham, AL 35233Get Direction
BIRMINGHAM, AL 35242Get Direction
Dr. Samuel W Beenken MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Beenken
- Can One Get Influenza Even After a Flu Vaccine?
Influenza is a respiratory ailment caused by influenza viruses. Influenza is considered as one of the fatal viruses because it can cause death if not medically and properly addressed. Flu can be very contagious and is very likely to spread from one person to another through coughing, sneezing, or...
- Does Type 2 Diabetes Occur in Adulthood?
Does type 2 diabetes occur during childhood? The short answer is yes and no. The thought of type 2 diabetes can be very hard to understand. There used to be a lot of adults with type 2 diabetes in past generations. Now in the last 20 years, there are more and more children and teens with type 2...
- Genital Warts: Is It an STD?
Genital warts are an STI, also known as a sexually transmitted infection. It is caused by specific strains of HPV, also known as the human papillomavirus. In appearance, genital warts are soft growths that appear in the genital region. These growths on the skin can result in discomfort, pain, and...
- Is Vanacof Effective in Treating the Common Cold?
It affects us way too often and leaves us feeling tired and worn out like no other common condition. Yes, you guessed it right, we are talking about the common cold. The common cold is generally a triggered viral infection that affects the upper respiratory system. One of the most commonly found...
- Treatments for Chickenpox
What is Chickenpox?Chickenpox is a type of infection that typically affects young children and results in blisters on the skin. It is a viral condition caused by the chickenpox virus, which is known as the varicella-zoster virus. Chickenpox is a disease that is easily identified without a medical...
- What Causes Mumps?
Mumps is a viral infection caused by a certain virus belonging to the paramyxoviruses family. This condition is common in children, teens, and young adults. The virus might also get into your cerebrospinal fluid, which surrounds and shields your brain and spine. Once it has entered,the virus can...
- Dr. Ronald M Roan M.D.619 19th Street South Birmingham AL 35233
- Dr. Benjamin Arthur graf Von schweinitz MD619 19TH ST S BIRMINGHAM AL 35233
- Dr. Farrah K Russell MD1600 7TH AVE S BIRMINGHAM AL 35233
- Dr. Lauren Michelle Kropp M.D.1700 6TH AVE S BIRMINGHAM AL 35233
- Sudha Ramesh M.D.125 20th Street South Birmingham AL 35233
- Dr. Erika Vogel Smith M.D.1600 7th Ave S Birmingham AL 35233