Dr. Rodney Willoughby is a pediatric infectious disease specialist practicing in Milwaukee, WI. Dr. Willoughby specializes in recurring or persistent diseases caused by bacteria, parasites or fungus in infants, children and adolescents. Pediatric infectious disease specialists also provide consultation to other health care professionals dealing with complex cases.
PediatricsAmerican Board of PediatricsABP- Pediatric Infectious Diseases
- Overview: infection during pregnancy and neurologic outcome in the child.
- Pilot study of antibiotic cycling in a pediatric intensive care unit.
- Polymorphisms of the cytomegalovirus (CMV)-encoded tumor necrosis factor-alpha and beta-chemokine receptors in congenital CMV disease.
- Maternal infections are depressing.
- Chorioamnionitis and brain injury.
- Beware observational studies in neonatal practice.
- Prevention of necrotizing enterocolitis with probiotics.
- Prophylaxis against rabies in children exposed to bats.
- A cure for a rabies?
- Applying the Milwaukee protocol to treat canine rabies in Equatorial Guinea.
- Introduction of a Novel Swine-Origin Influenza A (H1N1) Virus into Milwaukee, Wisconsin in 2009.
- "Early death" and the contraindication of vaccine during treatment of rabies.
- Clinical and epidemiologic characteristics of children hospitalized with 2009 pandemic H1N1 influenza A infection.
- Epidemiologic Observations from Passive and Targeted Surveillance during the First Wave of the 2009 H1N1 Influenza Pandemic in Milwaukee, WI.
- Resistance to rabies.
Dr. Rodney E Willoughby MD's Practice location
Milwaukee, WI 53226Get Direction
MILWAUKEE, WI 53226Get Direction
Dr. Rodney E Willoughby MD's reviewsWrite Review
- Are Vaccines Safe for My Baby Under All Circumstances?
Are there any circumstances under which vaccination of young children is forbidden?There are particular conditions when the immunization of your child, unfortunately, cannot be performed. If all terms and conditions are followed accordingly, complications are avoidable. These are the circumstances...
- What if I Do Not Want My Child to Undergo MMR Vaccination?
The MMR (measles, mumps, and rubella) vaccine is recommended for all children as it is the safest, most effective way to protect children against three diseases that can have serious, even fatal, consequences. Measles is a highly contagious viral infection whose initial symptoms include fever,...
- What Is Diarrhea: Get the Facts
Diarrhea is a very common water-borne disease. A person who has diarrhea passes loose or liquid stool at least three times a day or more frequently than what is normal for the person. The reason behind the consistency and frequency of these bowel movements in a case of diarrhea is the increased flow...
- Lyme Disease in Children
Lyme disease can affect anyone, regardless of age or gender. However, those who spend a lot of time outdoors are at a higher risk for Lyme disease because they are exposed to ticks more than others. According to research, children are more commonly affected by Lyme disease because they spend more...
- How is Cholera Diagnosed?
How is Cholera Diagnosed?Cholera is an acute bacteria disease caused by a bacterium called Vibrio cholerae. Infection with the cholera bacteria can lead to severe vomiting and diarrhea and finally electrolyte loss or dehydration. If not treated, cholera can, in many cases, result in death.In order...
- What Is Cytomegalovirus?
What is cytomegalovirus?Cytomegalovirus (CMV) is a member of the herpes virus family. Others viruses that belong to the same family are:...