Dr. Robert Word Mcmillan M.D.
Surgeon1501 Kings Hwy Department Of Surger Shreveport LA, 71103
Dr. Robert Mcmillan is a general surgeon practicing in Shreveport, LA. Dr. Mcmillan specializes in abdominal contents including the esophagus, stomach, liver, gallbladder, pancreas and often thyroid glands. General surgeons are able to deal with almost any surgical or critical care emergency, also involving the skin or soft tissue trauma. Dr. Mcmillan provides quality surgical service for gravely ill or injured patients and is able to respond quickly due to knowledge of various surgical procedures.
SurgeryAmerican Board of SurgeryABS- Surgical Critical Care
- Are all successful renal transplants really successful?
- Roux-en-Y venting jejunostomy in pancreatic transplantation: a novel approach to monitor rejection and prevent anastomotic leak.
- Pyogenic liver abscess.
- Linear operator theory of channeled spectropolarimetry.
- HLA in human serum--quantitation of class I by enzyme immunoassay.
- Selection of cw Mode-Locked Laser Pulses.
- Detection of optical pulses: the effect of atmospheric scintillation.
- Effect of respiratory cycle on measurements of cardiac output by thermodilution.
- Primary peritonitis and the nephrotic syndrome.
- Late hepatic allograft failure associated with diffuse biliary sclerosis and ductal proliferation.
- Soluble HLA class I in the serum of transplant recipients.
- A retrospective study of the efficacy of transjugular intrahepatic portosystemic shunts.
- OKT3 induction therapy: influence of duration on rejections and infections.
- Serologic allogeneic chimerism.
- Nonoperative therapy for acute necrotizing pancreatitis.
Dr. Robert Word Mcmillan M.D.'s Practice location
Shreveport, LA 71103Get Direction
Dr. Robert Word Mcmillan M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Mcmillan
- How to Prepare for a Laparoscopy
OverviewLaparoscopy is a type of endoscopic procedure that will allow doctors to look inside your abdomen using a surgical telescope. The telescope is known as the laparoscope. The laparoscope is equipped with a front camera that transmits the images captured in high definition to a nearby video...
- What Are the Side Effects of Gallbladder Surgery?
The gallbladder is a small pear-shaped organ located between the liver and small intestine. Even though it plays a big role in digestion, a person can live a normal life without it. This means that the gallbladder can be discarded without necessarily affecting the functionality of other organs. If...
- The Most Common Misconceptions About Breast Cancer
There is so much information you can read online about breast cancer. Some information may be acquired in the community, friends, or family that is totally misleading or incorrect. Although not backed up with solid evidence, such information can cause a lot of media attention, which can further...
- Reasons Why You May Need Hydrocelectomy
Hydrocelectomy is an operation that is used to remove hydrocele from an individual. The term hydrocele refers to the accumulation of serum fluid around the testicle. This fluid is secreted by a pouch of serous membrane that lines the testicles called tunica vaginalis.Hydrocele that occurs to infants...
- What to Expect After a Laparoscopy
Laparoscopic ProcedureA laparoscopic surgery is done to deal with abdominal organ problems. A small equipment known as the laparoscope is used to locate and identify defective abdominal organs. Small cuts or incisions are made in the abdomen and the laparoscope is inserted through the incisions,...
- What Is Hernia: Get the Facts
A hernia is marked by a bulge in the groin or abdomen, which occurs when an organ protrudes through the muscle opening that keeps it in place. Hernias are a very common problem and can occur in men or women of all ages.For instance, in the case of an incisional hernia, the intestines may protrude...
- Dr. Charles Byrd M.D.2751 Albert L Bicknell Dr Shreveport Louisiana 71103
- Dr. Kamel Brakta MD2751 ALBERT L BICKNELL DR SHREVEPORT LA 71103
- Dr. Rowena A Desouza M.D.1501 Kings Hwy Shreveport LA 71103
- Dr. Donnie Franklin Aultman M.D.1501 Kings Hwy Shreveport LA 71103
- Dr. Gazi Baderkhan Zibari M.D.1501 Kings Hwy Shreveport LA 71103
- Dr. Jeremy Riley Timmer M.D.612 Ibis Ct Shreveport LA 71115