James J O'brien MD
Cardiac Electrophysiologist | Clinical Cardiac ElectrophysiologyCapital Cardiology Associates Pc 7 Southwoods Blvd Albany NY, 12211
Dr. James O'brien is a Cardiac Electrophysicist practicing in Albany, NY. Dr. O'brien performs testing procedures on patients hearts electrical system in order to assess timing and abnormalities associated with electrical activities of the heart. Adult Cardiac Electrophysiologists are trained to treat irregular heartbeats, and carry out electrophysiology studies or ablations.
Education and Training
Univ of Vt Coll of Med, Burlington Vt 1985
Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland - Medical University of Bahrain 1988
Neurological SurgeryAmerican Board of Neurological SurgeryABNS
- High Cholesterol
- Heart Disease
- Heart Failure
- Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm (aaa)
- Coronary Artery Disease (cad)
- Albany Med Ctr Hosp, Cardiovascular Diseases; Albany Med Ctr Hosp, Internal Medicine
James J O'brien MD's Practice location
Albany, NY 12211Get Direction
James J O'brien MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. O'brien
- Different Types of Heart Doctors Explained
IntroductionDoctors who specialize in the diagnosis and treatment of conditions or diseases of the cardiovascular system (the heart and blood vessels) are called heart doctors or cardiologists. These specialists are trained to identify, treat, and help prevent heart issues. There are also different...
- Atrial Fibrillation: What is a Catheter Ablation?
Atrial fibrillation - also known as AF or a-fib - is a medical condition that affects the rhythm of the heart. Problems that affect the rhythm of the heart cause a condition known as arrhythmia. This condition often causes irregular blood flow. It is quite common, with more than 200,000 cases in the...
- Reasons Why You Would Need an Ablation
What is catheter ablation?This is a surgical procedure that is used to correct heart irregularities. It involves the use of radio frequency energy to get rid of the heart tissues that cause irregular and rapid heartbeats. It can also be referred to as radio frequency ablation, and it has proved to...
- Who Should You Call If You Have Congestive Heart Failure?
Heart failure should be treated early. With the right treatment, your life expectancy can be increased. Patients observing any of the symptoms related to congestive heart failure should never wait for the regular appointment dates. Instead, they should consult your doctor in no time to avoid further...
- What Is a Bubble Study?
What is a bubble study?A bubble study is a type of echocardiogram, which is the ultrasound of the heart. An echocardiogram is done to visualize the heart and its surrounding areas. Better images of the heart can be produced when a “contrast” is used during the echocardiogram. In a bubble study,...
- What Is an Arrhythmia?
An arrhythmia is the violations of the frequency, rhythm, and sequence of heart contractions.Why do arrythmias occur?...
- Alfonso F.j. Prieto MD2 Palisades Dr Albany NY 12205
- Guillermo E. Sosa-suarez M.D.2 Palisades Drive Albany NY 12205
- Robert S. Phang M.D.2 Palisades Dr Albany NY 12205
- Ian H Santoro MD7 Southwoods Blvd Albany NY 12211
- Steven Frank Giovannone M.D.550 1st Ave New York NY 10016
- Sarina Anderske Vander zee MD2001 Santa Monica Blvd Santa Monica CA 90404