Dr. Ronald J Weigel MD PHD
Surgical Oncologist | Surgical Oncology200 Hawkins Dr Iowa City IA, 52242
Dr. Ronald Weigel is a surgical oncologist practicing in Iowa City, IA. Dr. Weigel specializes in diagnosing, staging and treating cancer-related symptoms. Surgical oncologists also decide if the patient is a candidate for surgery or other cancer treatments based on certain factors such as age, physical fitness and other possible coexisting medical conditions
Education and Training
Yale Univ Sch of Med, New Haven Ct 1986
Yale School of Medicine 1986
SurgeryAmerican Board of SurgeryABS
Expert PublicationsData provided by the National Library of Medicine
- Combining SSH and cDNA microarrays for rapid identification of differentially
- GATA-3 is expressed in association with estrogen receptor in breast cancer.
- Identification of a human Akt3 (protein kinase B gamma) which contains the regulatory serine phosphorylation site.
- Up-regulation of Akt3 in estrogen receptor-deficient breast cancers and androgen-independent prostate cancer lines.
- Parathyroid localization with high-resolution ultrasound and technetium Tc 99m sestamibi.
- AP2alpha and AP2gamma: a comparison of binding site specificity and trans-activation of the estrogen receptor promoter and single site promoter constructs.
- Monoallelic amplification of estrogen receptor-alpha expression in breast cancer.
- Recombinant human thyrotropin (rhTSH) in the management of differentiated thyroid cancer.
- PDZK1 and GREB1 are estrogen-regulated genes expressed in hormone-responsive breast cancer.
- Nonoperative management of hyperparathyroidism: present and future.
- Recombinant human thyrotropin in the management of thyroid cancer.
- Genomic structure of the promoters of the human estrogen receptor-alpha gene demonstrate changes in chromatin structure induced by AP2gamma.
- Intraoperative ultrasonography for localization of recurrent thyroid cancer.
- Genetic analysis of a papillary thyroid carcinoma in a patient with MEN1.
- Parathyroid crisis in a 20 year old--an unusual cause of hypercalcaemic crisis.
- Breast Cancer
Dr. Ronald J Weigel MD PHD's Practice location
Dr. Ronald J Weigel MD PHD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Weigel
- Treatments for Liver Cancer
During liver cancer treatment, different healthcare professionals work together to come up with an overall treatment plan. The treatment plan combines different types of cancer treatment to get a successful cure. This group of doctors is called a "multidisciplinary team", which include:...
- What Is Gastric Cancer: Causes, Symptoms, Diagnosis, and Treatment
Gastric cancer, also known as stomach cancer, begins when cancer cells form in the inner lining of the stomach. This disease does not show clear signs and symptoms until it enters the later stages. The cancer may spread from the stomach to essential parts like the liver, lungs, bones, and lymph...
- What Procedures Are Used to Treat Bladder Cancer?
There are various treatment options for bladder cancer. Each option has its own procedure on how it is carried out. The type of treatment is also chosen based on several factors such as:...
- An Overview of Gallbladder Diseases
What is the gallbladder?The gallbladder is a four-inch, pear-shaped organ situated below your liver. It acts as a storage organ for bile, which is a mixture of fats, cholesterol, and fluids. The main purpose of bile is to help in breaking down fats during digestion. The whole process allows for easy...
- Treatment Options for Cervical Cancer
Cervical cancer is one of the most common types of cancer in women. However, unlike the other forms of cancer, cervical cancer can be cured if it is discovered early on. That’s why cervical screening tests are necessary.Cervical cancer usually has no apparent symptoms in the primary stages. The...
- What Does It Mean If Your Nipple Is Inverted?
What are inverted nipples?Inverted nipples, also called as nipple retraction, nipple inversion, or invaginated nipple, is a condition in which the nipples point inward instead of out. In some women, nipple retraction can be present at birth. In some cases, the condition may develop due to trauma or...
- Dr. Geeta Lal MD200 Hawkins Dr Iowa City IA 52242
- Dr. Sonia L Sugg MD200 Hawkins Dr Iowa City IA 52242
- Dr. Nicholas Peter Rossi M.D.1834 Kathlin Dr Iowa City IA 52246
- Dr. Hisakazu Hoshi MD200 Hawkins Dr Iowa City IA 52242
- Dr. Carlos Hou fai Chan MD, PHD, FRCSC200 HAWKINS DR IOWA CITY IA 52242
- Dr. Peter Rudolph Jochimsen M.D.200 Hawkins Dr Iowa City IA 52242