Angel R Leon MD
Cardiac Electrophysiologist | Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology550 Peachtree St NE Atlanta GA, 30308
Dr. Angel Leon is a Cardiac Electrophysicist practicing in Atlanta, GA. Dr. Leon performs testing procedures on patients hearts electrical system in order to assess timing and abnormalities associated with electrical activities of the heart. Adult Cardiac Electrophysiologists are trained to treat irregular heartbeats, and carry out electrophysiology studies or ablations.
Education and Training
Univ of Miami Sch of Med, Miami Fl 1984
University of Miami Leonard M. Miller School of Medicine 1984
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Cardiovascular Disease
- Addition of a left ventricular lead to conventional pacing systems in patients with congestive heart failure: feasibility, safety, and early results in 60 consecutive patients.
- Cardiac resynchronization therapy devices: patient management and follow-up strategies.
- Practical issues in cardiac resynchronization therapy device implantation.
- Pacing and heart failure: should all patients receive a biventricular device?
- Progress in cardiovascular disease: technical considerations in cardiac resynchronization therapy.
- Comparison of myocardial velocities obtained with magnetic resonance phase velocity mapping and tissue Doppler imaging in normal subjects and patients with left ventricular dyssynchrony.
- Determination of transmural, endocardial, and epicardial radial strain and strain rate from phase contrast MR velocity data.
- Three-directional myocardial phase-contrast tissue velocity MR imaging with
- Cross-correlation delay to quantify myocardial dyssynchrony from phase contrast
- Heart sounds based measures of cardiac status for heart failure patient management.
- QRS duration is associated with atrial fibrillation in patients with left ventricular dysfunction.
- Ventricular arrhythmia after cardiac surgery: incidence, predictors, and outcomes.
- Effect of Surgical Atrial Fibrillation Ablation at the Time of Cardiac Surgery on Risk of Postoperative Pacemaker Implantation.
- Outcome of Subcutaneous Implantable Cardioverter Defibrillator Implantation in Patients with End-Stage Renal Disease on Dialysis.
- Outcomes of Sprint Fidelis and Riata lead extraction: Data from 2 high-volume centers.
- Heart Disease
- Heart Failure
- Peripheral Artery Disease (pad)
- Vascular Disease
- Univ Of Mi Hosps & Hlth Ctrs, Cardiovascular Diseases; Emory Univ Hosp, Cardiovascular Diseases; Jackson Mem Hosp/Jackson Hlth, Internal Medicine
- University Miami Jackson Meml
- University of Michigan Program
Angel R Leon MD's Practice location
Atlanta, GA 30308Get Direction
Angel R Leon MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Leon
- Atrial Fibrillation: What is a Catheter Ablation?
Atrial fibrillation - also known as AF or a-fib - is a medical condition that affects the rhythm of the heart. Problems that affect the rhythm of the heart cause a condition known as arrhythmia. This condition often causes irregular blood flow. It is quite common, with more than 200,000 cases in the...
- Heart Palpitations: When Is It a Sign of Something Serious?
Heart palpitations, although it feels like a scary experience, are not always a sign of something serious. These palpitations are harmless but there are some instances when it could be a signal to a serious heart disease, especially if it is associated with other symptoms. This article explains...
- Heart Palpitations: What Is It and What Are the Causes?
Our heart rate is automatically controlled by the autonomic nervous system (ANS) that has two divisions: sympathetic and parasympathetic. The part of the ANS that is responsible for raising a person’s heart rate through the sympathetic plexus is the sympathetic division. The parasympathetic...
- Who Should You Call If You Have Congestive Heart Failure?
Heart failure should be treated early. With the right treatment, your life expectancy can be increased. Patients observing any of the symptoms related to congestive heart failure should never wait for the regular appointment dates. Instead, they should consult your doctor in no time to avoid further...
- Reasons Why You Would Need an Ablation
What is catheter ablation?This is a surgical procedure that is used to correct heart irregularities. It involves the use of radio frequency energy to get rid of the heart tissues that cause irregular and rapid heartbeats. It can also be referred to as radio frequency ablation, and it has proved to...
- What Is an Arrhythmia?
An arrhythmia is the violations of the frequency, rhythm, and sequence of heart contractions.Why do arrythmias occur?...
- Dr. Aaditya M. Vora MD69 Jesse Hill Jr Dr Se Atlanta GA 30303
- Anshul Mahendra Patel MD5665 Peachtree Dunwoody Rd Atlanta GA 30342
- Bruce S Stambler MD275 COLLIER ROAD, NW ATLANTA GA 30309
- Stephen Peyton Prater MD275 Collier Road, Nw Atlanta GA 30309
- Mohammad Kooshkabadi MDElectrophysiology Dept Atlanta GA 30322
- Dale Yoo M.D.44 Peachtree Pl Ne Atlanta GA 30309