Richard John Tannyhill, DDS, is a leading general dentist currently serving patients at his private practice in Encinitas, California. After earning his Doctorate of Dental Surgery in 1952 at Loyola University, he completed his general practice residency within the same educational venue. Dr. Tannyhill is board-certified by the American Board of General Dentistry. Additionally, in order to stay up to date on all medical advancements in his field, he maintains a professional membership with the American Dental Association.
- Loyola University, Chicago, IL
Professional Society Memberships
- American Dental Association
What do you attribute your success to?
- Love of being a dentist, getting patients healthier, growing patient relationships, great practice and staff.
Hobbies / Sports
- Traveling, Family, History, Research, Coin Collecting, and Outside Activities
Favorite professional publications
- All major Dental journals and current events
Dr. Richard John Tannyhill D.D.S.'s Practice location
Encinitas, CA 92024Get Direction
Encinitas, California 92024Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. Richard John Tannyhill D.D.S. | Dentist
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Richard John Tannyhill D.D.S.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Tannyhill
- Dealing with Lupus Mouth Sores
What is lupus? Lupus is a chronic autoimmune disorder. If you have an autoimmune disorder, your immune system mistakenly attacks the healthy cells in your body, which causes inflammation. Symptoms include extreme fatigue, hair loss, skin rashes, cognitive dysfunction, severe muscle and joint pain,...
- Different Types of Physicians Explained
Doctors or physicians are categorized according to different factors including medical specialties and subspecialties. Most doctors specialize in a specific area of medicine. This article provides a summary of the different types of doctors in the medical field. AllergistsAllergists are also...
- Tips for Bad Breath
- What is a Tooth Abscess?
A tooth abscess refers to the accumulation of pus caused by a bacterial infection at the root of the tooth or between the tooth and gum. Abscess at the tip of the root is known as periapical abscess, while those found in the gums are referred to as periodontal abscesses. Tooth abscesses should be...
- Do I need to get my Wisdom Teeth Pulled?
Wisdom tooth extraction is a surgical procedure used to remove one or more of the adult teeth present at the back of the mouth. It is usually done by an oral surgeon or a dentist. It is often done by opening the gum tissue over the tooth and then taking out the bone covering the tooth. The tissue...
- Gummy Bears That Contain Xylitol Can Reduce Cavities
A new study has shown that gummy bears made of xylitol, a sugar substitute, can prevent cavities in children. In this study, 154 students from first to fifth grade of an elementary school in Washington were recruited. The students were given four gummy bears made with xylitol or malitol three times...
- Dr. Michelle Sandler D.M.D.665 San Rodolfo Dr Solana Beach CA 92075
- Dr. Yaron Miller B.D.S7817 IVANHOE AVE 305 LA JOLLA CA 92037
- Dr. Robert Alan Rosenfeld D.D.S.116 W Plaza St Solana Beach CA 92075
- Peggy kargar Ram169 S Rancho Santa Fe Rd San Marcos CA 92078
- Dr. Thomas Frank Bierman DDS6635 Flanders Drive San Diego CA 92121
- Dr. Sarju Patel D.D.S15706 Pomerado Rd Poway CA 92064