Michael Wayne Yerkey M.D., F.A.C.C.
Cardiac Electrophysiologist | Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology910 W 5th Ave Suite 900 Spokane WA, 99204
Dr. Michael Yerkey is a Cardiac Electrophysicist practicing in Spokane, WA. Dr. Yerkey performs testing procedures on patients hearts electrical system in order to assess timing and abnormalities associated with electrical activities of the heart. Adult Cardiac Electrophysiologists are trained to treat irregular heartbeats, and carry out electrophysiology studies or ablations.
Education and Training
Yale Univ Sch of Med, New Haven Ct 1998
Yale School of Medicine 1998
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
- Exercise tolerance and quality of life in elderly patients with chronic atrial fibrillation.
- Methicillin resistant Staphylococcus Aureus (MRSA) endocarditis secondary to tongue piercing.
- Eastern equine encephalitis presenting as psychosis.
- The incidence, predictors, and outcomes of early reinfarction after primary angioplasty for acute myocardial infarction.
- Usefulness of breast arterial calcium detected on mammography for predicting coronary artery disease or cardiovascular events in women with angina pectoris and/or positive stress tests.
- Heart Disease
- Atrial Flutter
- Vascular Disease
- Heart Rhythm Society
- American College of Cardiology
- American Medical Association
Michael Wayne Yerkey M.D., F.A.C.C.'s Practice location
Spokane, WA 99204Get Direction
Missoula, MT 59802Get Direction
Michael Wayne Yerkey M.D., F.A.C.C.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Yerkey
- Who Should You Call If You Have Congestive Heart Failure?
Heart failure should be treated early. With the right treatment, your life expectancy can be increased. Patients observing any of the symptoms related to congestive heart failure should never wait for the regular appointment dates. Instead, they should consult your doctor in no time to avoid further...
- Complications of Myocardial Infarction
Complications can be divided according to different factors:...
- Heart Palpitations: When Is It a Sign of Something Serious?
Heart palpitations, although it feels like a scary experience, are not always a sign of something serious. These palpitations are harmless but there are some instances when it could be a signal to a serious heart disease, especially if it is associated with other symptoms. This article explains...
- Reasons Why You Would Need an Ablation
What is catheter ablation?This is a surgical procedure that is used to correct heart irregularities. It involves the use of radio frequency energy to get rid of the heart tissues that cause irregular and rapid heartbeats. It can also be referred to as radio frequency ablation, and it has proved to...
- What Is an Arrhythmia?
An arrhythmia is the violations of the frequency, rhythm, and sequence of heart contractions.Why do arrythmias occur?...
- Heart Palpitations: What Is It and What Are the Causes?
Our heart rate is automatically controlled by the autonomic nervous system (ANS) that has two divisions: sympathetic and parasympathetic. The part of the ANS that is responsible for raising a person’s heart rate through the sympathetic plexus is the sympathetic division. The parasympathetic...