Dr. Richard Zug is a general surgeon practicing in Monterey, CA. Dr. Zug specializes in abdominal contents including the esophagus, stomach, liver, gallbladder, pancreas and often thyroid glands. General surgeons are able to deal with almost any surgical or critical care emergency, also involving the skin or soft tissue trauma. Dr. Zug provides quality surgical service for gravely ill or injured patients and is able to respond quickly due to knowledge of various surgical procedures.
Education and Training
Jawaharlal Institute of Post Graduate Medicine Research, Pondicherry University 1962
SurgeryAmerican Board of SurgeryABS
- Varicose Veins
- Type 2 Diabetes
- Leg Ulcer
- Vascular Disease
- Univ Of Va Med Ctr, General Surgery; Univ Of Va Med Ctr, Flexible Or Transitional Year
- University of Virginia Program
Dr. Richard C Zug M.D.'s Practice location
Monterey, CA 93940Get Direction
MONTEREY, CA 93940Get Direction
Dr. Richard C Zug M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- What to Expect After a Biopsy
Biopsies may vary differently depending on the type and location of the tissues and how hard are they to obtain. The medical term used to describe such method is “invasiveness.” A less invasive procedure will, for example, take place in a doctor’s office the same day an abnormal tissue is...
- 5 Ways to Stay Comfortable After a Gallbladder Surgery
Gallbladder SurgeryGallbladder removal surgery is one of the most commonly performed surgeries. The procedure is also known as a cholecystectomy. Gallbladder surgery is usually performed to solve problems that are associated with gallstones. Gallstones are hardened deposits of the digestive fluid...
- What Is a Partial Hysterectomy?
In a Complete Hysterectomy, both the Uterus and Cervix are removed to afford symptomatic relief to the patient. When the Cervix remains in the pelvic region after surgery, it then becomes a Partial or Supracervical hysterectomy. The kind of surgery that one opts for is wholly dependent on the health...
- Everything You Need to Know About Gallbladder Surgery
Open gallbladder removal, also known as open cholecystectomy, is a surgical operation removing the gallbladder. The objective of the procedure is to offer permanent relief from gallbladder-related problems such as gallstones. During the surgery, a large incision is made in the abdomen and used to...
- Everything You Need to Know About Biopsy Procedures
What is a biopsy?A biopsy is a medical procedure, which is mostly used in diagnosing cancer. In this procedure, a small tissue sample is taken from your body for a closer examination under the microscope. A biopsy is usually recommended by your doctor if initial tests in your body suggest an...
- How to Prepare for an Appendectomy
What Really Is Appendicitis?To understand the term appendicitis, you need first to understand what the appendix is. The appendix is a small structure that is finger-shaped and located in the abdomen in connection with the large intestines. More specifically, this structure is found on lower right...
- Dr. Thomas E Zewert MD337 El Dorado St Monterey CA 93940
- Dr. Neil D Rudo M.D.236 San Jose St Salinas CA 93901
- Dr. Jeffrey Hyde MD2 Upper Ragsdale Dr Monterey CA 93940
- Dr. Richard Garza MD2 Upper Ragsdale Dr Monterey CA 93940
- Dr. Mark A Vierra MD2 Upper Ragsdale Dr Monterey CA 93940
- Dr. William Lane Verlenden MD2 Upper Ragsdale Dr Monterey CA 93940