Dr. Alan Coon practices Radiation Oncology in Chicago, IL. Radiation oncology is a medical specialty that involves treating cancer with radiation. Dr. Coon specializes in treating cancer with radiation, using radiation therapy to treat a wide variety of cancers. Radiation therapy uses carefully targeted and regulated doses of high-energy radiation to kill cancer cells.
RadiologyAmerican Board of RadiologyABR
Dr. Alan Blaine Coon M.D., PH.D.'s Practice location
Chicago, IL 60612Get Direction
BOURBONNAIS, IL 60914Get Direction
Dr. Alan Blaine Coon M.D., PH.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- Cervical Cancer Defined
The cervix connects the uterus and vagina. The endocervix is the part of the cervix that is closest to the uterus while an ectocervix is nearer to the vagina. Most cases of cervical cancer begin in the cell at the transformation zone. This zone is where the two main types of cells in the cervix...
- Three-Week Chemotherapy Dosing Reconfirmed as First-Line Treatment of Ovarian Cancer
Chemotherapy as a treatment option for cancer has existed for decades, and has long been the standard of care and first line of treatment for almost all forms of cancer. The term is an umbrella term referring to the use of medicines to halt the growth of cancerous tumors and to kill off cancerous...
- What Medications Are Used for Prostate Cancer?
Prostate cancer treatments can be administered to cure cancer or to manage or alleviate its symptoms. There are several ways of treating prostate cancer and the treatment options depend on various factors such as:...
- The Most Common Misconceptions About Breast Cancer
There is so much information you can read online about breast cancer. Some information may be acquired in the community, friends, or family that is totally misleading or incorrect. Although not backed up with solid evidence, such information can cause a lot of media attention, which can further...
- Reasons Why You Need a Radiation Therapy
Radiation therapy is one of the several treatment methods available for cancer. It is used to treat many different types of cancer. At least half of the patients with cancer receive radiation therapy during their cancer treatment. Radiation therapy can be used as the main treatment for your cancer...
- Does Bladder Cancer Require Chemotherapy for Treatment?
Does bladder cancer require chemotherapy for treatment?Bladder cancer can be treated through a number of ways and chemotherapy is one of them. Chemotherapy is an important treatment method and it works well in many cases. However, to understand whether it is necessary, it is important to know what...
- Dr. Dean Joseph Conterato MD200 N Berteau Ave Elmhurst IL 60126
- Dr. Dennis L. Galinsky MD2900 North Lake Shore Drive Chicago Illinois 60657
- Dr. Stanley Liauw MD5758 S Maryland Ave # Mc9006 Chicago IL 60637
- Dr. Ramji Ramaswamy Rajendran MD300 S Northwest Hwy Park Ridge IL 60068
- Dr. Edward Melian MD2160 S First Ave Maywood IL 60153
- Dr. Matthew Koshy MD22 S Greene St Baltimore MD 21201