Dr. Kyra Iwen practices Orthodontics in Minneapolis, MN. Comprehensive orthodontic treatment includes metal wires that are inserted into orthodontic brackets, which can be made from stainless steel or a more aesthetic ceramic material. The wires interact with the brackets to move teeth into desired positions. Being advanced in the field, Dr. Iwen may also use Invisalign or other aligner trays that have been designed to align a patients? smile. As an orthodontist, Dr. Iwen must recognize various characteristics of a malocclusion or dentofacial deformity, define the nature of the problem, including the etiology if possible, and design a treatment strategy based on the specific needs and desires of the patient.
- Hepatic gene expression patterns in thyroid hormone-treated hypothyroid rats.
- Expression of ATRAP in adipocytes and negative regulation by beta-adrenergic
- [40-year-old patient with newly diagnosed diabetes mellitus and progressive migraine attacks].
- [Diabetes and hypertension].
- [Overweight. A valid predictor of cardiometabolic risk?].
- Maturity-onset diabetes of the young and hepatic adenomatosis - characterisation of a new mutation.
Dr. Kyra A. Iwen DDS's Practice location
Minneapolis, MN 55455Get Direction
Ladysmith, WI 54848Get Direction
Dr. Kyra A. Iwen DDS's reviewsWrite Review
- How Can I Reduce the Pain of Sensitive Teeth?
If you can’t enjoy a cup of hot coffee or a glass of cold juice without getting that stinging pain in your teeth, those are symptoms of sensitive teeth. Moreover, eating, brushing and flossing may also lead to the sharp pain. Sensitivity to the cold and heat may be caused by a number of reasons...
- Dental Sealants May Present BPA in Saliva
Dental fillings for children were worrisome because of the presence of mercury in the amalgam. The latest addition to this fear is the chemical Bisphenol-A (BPA) in dental sealants and white fillings. BPA is a resin used in plastics, including water bottles and metal food can liners. Many studies...
- Get a Better Smile with Licorice Root
According to a new study published in the Journal of Natural Products, licorice, the main ingredient in candy, may help to keep tooth decay and gum disease at bay. Teeth protection is provided by the compounds found in the dried root of licorice plant. Chinese licorice, found in northern mainland...
- Severe Stress and Depression May Cause Gum Disease
According to a review published in the Journal of Periodontology, studies show a strong link between stress and gum disease. About 57% of the studies conducted displayed an accurate association between gum disease and stress-related symptoms, including distress, anxiety, depression, and...
- What Is Pituitary Dwarfism?
IntroductionPituitary dwarfism, also called growth hormone deficiency, is a medical condition wherein the pituitary gland does not produce sufficient amounts of growth hormone. This deficiency often results in children’s slow growth or short stature.An adult with pituitary dwarfism has an average...
- What Are the Causes of Receding Gums?
As the margin of teeth recede, the roots of the teeth are exposed. Receding gums are a very common oral problem and are of concern as it may be the warning signs of many gum diseases. Gum deterioration occurs gradually with time and creates small pockets or gaps between the tooth and the gum, which...
- Dr. Andrew John Wahl D.D.S.3901 Silver Lake Rd Ne Minneapolis MN 55421
- Krestine K Tiziani DMD11601 Minnetonka Mills Rd Hopkins MN 55305
- Dr. Gregory K. Ross DDS8980 Hudson Blvd N Lake Elmo MN 55042
- Dr. Chad H. Kelly DDS14605 Glazier Ave Saint Paul MN 55124
- Regina Lynn Blevins DDS MS3100 WOODBURY DR WOODBURY MN 55129
- Dr. Mark J. Harrington D.D.S.2150 3RD AVE ANOKA MN 55303