Dr. Robert Wood is an internist practicing in Derby, VT. Dr. Wood specializes in the medical treatment of adults. Internists can act as a primary physician or a consultant to a primary physician. They manage both common and rare diseases. Dr. Wood provides comprehensive care and manages treatment with surgeons as well. Internists establish long-term relationships with their patients and incorporate disease prevention and mental health care into their practice.
Education and Training
Univ Of Ma Med Sch- Worcester Ma 1980
University Of Massachusetts Medical School 1980
AnesthesiologyAmerican Board of AnesthesiologyABA- Hospice and Palliative Medicine
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
- Heart Disease
- Acid Reflux
- High Blood Pressure (hypertension)
- Type 2 Diabetes
- Coronary Artery Disease (cad)
- Vascular Disease
- Baystate Med Ctr, Internal Medicine; U Ma Mem Hlthcare-Univ Campus, Anesthesiology; U Ma Mem Hlthcare-Univ Campus, General Surgery; Dartmouth-Hitchcock M C, General Surgery
Dr. Robert William Wood M.D.'s Practice location
Derby, VT 05829Get Direction
Dr. Robert William Wood M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- Long Commutes May Lead to Poor Health
A study published in, American Journal of Preventive Medicine, shows that people who commute long distances to work tend to have poor health. People who traveled more than 15 miles a day were more likely to be obese and had more belly fat, when compared to people who traveled less than 5 miles to...
- Lactose Intolerance vs. IBS
OverviewIrritable bowel syndrome (IBS) is a gastrointestinal (GI) disorder that can be mistaken for lactose intolerance and other digestive issues. Know the differences between these disorders to find relief and effective treatment. Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) has a variety of potential causes....
- What Causes Nipple Pain?
IntroductionMost women may have experienced soreness in their nipples at some point in time or another. This soreness or pain can be due to various reasons which may include an imbalance in the hormones, skin conditions, pregnancy, itching, allergies or infections, breastfeeding, and much more. The...
- What Conditions are Associated with Hip Pain?
Severe pain in the hip may make it hard to walk or climb the stairs. Issues with muscles, tendons, ligaments, and bones may all cause hip pain. Many diseases and conditions may also result in pain. Location of the pain in the hip often tells about the actual cause behind the pain.In some cases, the...
- Anemia: Get the Facts
Our body has three types of blood cells: white blood cells, red blood cells, and platelets. White blood cells (WBCs) or leukocytes are the type of cells that fights off infections in our body. The platelets work by helping our blood clot, and the red blood cells (RBCs) are the ones responsible for...
- What Are the Symptoms of Hepatitis C?
Hepatitis C refers to a viral infection of the liver that may result in liver damage, cirrhosis and even liver failure. Unfortunately, most of the people with this infection remain unaware of the same until the liver is damaged to certain extent. Hepatitis C virus is a type of virus that causes...
- Dr. Robert A Trembley MD41 Medical Village Dr Newport VT 05855
- Dr. Aydin Abyar Lathari M.D.186 Medical Village Dr Newport VT 05855
- Dr. Peter Harris MD41 Medical Village Dr Newport VT 05855
- Dr. Christopher Rickman MD41 Medical Village Dr Newport VT 05855
- Mr. Nelson S Haas MD1734 Crawford Farm Rd Newport VT 05855
- Dr. Megan Harris Batchelder M.D.One Medical Center Drive Lebanon NH 03756