Dr. Richard P Mackessy MD
Orthopedist1139 Raritan Rd Ste 202 Clark NJ, 07066
Dr. Richard Mackessy is an orthopaedic surgeon practicing in Linden, NJ. Dr. Mackessy specializes in the diagnosis, treatment and rehabilitation of injuries, diseases and disorders of the bodys musculoskeletal system. As an orthopaedic surgeon, Dr. Mackessy tends to bones, ligaments, muscles, joints, nerves and tendons. Orthopaedic surgeons can specialize in certain areas like the hand, spine, hip, foot and ankle, shoulder and elbow or the knee.
Education and Training
Umdnj-New Jersey Med Sch- Newark Nj 1978
Orthopaedic SurgeryAmerican Board of Orthopaedic SurgeryABOS- Surgery of the Hand
Expert PublicationsData provided by the National Library of Medicine
- Hand & Wrist Surgery
- Hand & Wrist-upper Extremities
- Hand And Upper Extremity
- Hand And Wrist Fracture & Dislocation Treatment
- Hand And Wrist Fracture Treatment, Closed
- Hand And Wrist Fracture Treatment, Open
- General Orthopedic Surgery
- Upper Extremity Problems, General Orthopedics
- Thomas Jefferson University
Dr. Richard P Mackessy MD's Practice location
Linden, NJ 07036Get Direction
Clark, NJ 07066Get Direction
Dr. Richard P Mackessy MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Mackessy
- How Long Does a Knee Replacement Last?
A knee replacement surgery provides relief for approximately 90 percent of people who are suffering from pain due to knee problems. Most knee replacement procedures are done for the treatment of osteoarthritis. With proper care, your knee implant can last for as long as 20 years. The technology...
- What Is Saddle Paresthesia?
Saddle ParesthesiaA set of severe sciatica symptoms are described in saddle paresthesia. These symptoms can occur in the buttocks, perineum, and groin. Sometimes, this condition is also referred to as saddle anesthesia. When there is a sensation of tingling and numbness in the affected area, the...
- How to prevent Knee Pain
Knee pain is a common problem encountered by many people especially middle aged and elderly individuals. It has many causes, from acute injuries to complications of medical conditions, such as arthritis. Symptoms of knee injury can include pain, swelling, and stiffness.Knee pain is generally divided...
- Muscle Relaxants for Fibromyalgia
What is fibromyalgia?Fibromyalgia is known as a muscle-related pain syndrome or myofascial pain syndrome. It can be due to a general type of pain such as muscle pain or back pain, and certain tender areas in the body. Individuals suffering from fibromyalgia would have various tender spots in the...
- What Are the Risks of Carpal Tunnel Surgery?
Carpal tunnel surgery is a procedure done to treat carpal tunnel syndrome. The surgical procedure involves the severing of a ligament referred to as the transverse carpal ligament so that the pressure it was exerting on the median nerve gets released.The pressure exerted on the median nerve causes...
- Reasons Why You Need a Laminectomy
What is laminectomy?If you have back pain that is severe enough to interfere with your day-to-day activities and other medications fail to work, you might eventually need surgery to get it fixed. Laminectomy is the surgical procedure that will be performed on your back in this case. It involves the...
- Dr. Christopher Ropiak MD1139 Raritan Rd Ste 202 Clark NJ 07066
- Dr. David Rojer MD1139 Raritan Rd Ste 202 Clark NJ 07066
- Mr. James Aragona MD100 Commerce Street Clark NJ 07066
- Dr. Robert Joseph Bercik MD1445 Raritan Rd Clark NJ 07066
- Dr. Mina Abdelshahed MD1139 Raritan Rd Ste 202 Clark NJ 07066