Dr. David Tolo is a pediatric emergency medicine physician practicing in Omaha, NE. Dr. Tolo specializes in providing care for critically ill and injured children. Pediatric Emergency Medicine Physicians possess a vast amount of knowledge in areas such as neonatology, critical care and forensic pediatrics. Children involved in automobile accidents, child abuse or near-drowning episodes are frequent cases treated by pediatric emergency medicine physicians.
Education and Training
Univ of Mo, Columbia Sch of Med, Columbia Mo 1981
University of Missouri / Columbia Campus 1981
University of Pennsylvania, PA 1981
PediatricsAmerican Board of PediatricsABP- Pediatric Emergency Medicine
- Ear Infection
- Strep Throat
- Univ Of Ne Coll Of Med, Pediatrics
- U Nebr Med Ctr
- University of Nebraska Medical Center Program
Dr. David M Tolo MD's Practice location
Omaha, NE 68114Get Direction
Dr. David M Tolo MD's reviewsWrite Review
- How Sunscreen May Lead to New Multiple Sclerosis Treatment
A few cells in the immune and nervous systems have vitamin D receptors that are found on the cells’ surface. It is here where they receive chemical signals. When a cell attaches itself to a receptor, the chemical signals trigger the cell to perform an activity, such as to divide in multiple ways...
- Reasons Why You Need Bariatric Surgery
What is Bariatric Surgery?Bariatric surgery is also referred as weight loss surgery. It is mainly done on obese people or those with a BMI (body mass index) greater than forty. The main aim of this kind of surgery is to achieve weight loss. What are the Risks of Being Overweight?Being obese poses...
- The New Stem Cell Treatment that May Finally Cure Diabetes
Diabetes happens to be one of the most common diseases in the world, and it can hit anyone regardless of gender and age. In fact, cases of diabetes spiked in America just last year. The World Health Organization predicts that the number of people who have diabetes will increase twice as much by the...
- The Value of Clinical Intuition: Kids also Experience Drug Side Effects
Clinical intuition is difficult to describe. Personally, it is the art of integrating nonverbal information that a patient presents in order to reach a diagnosis, reducing the need for diagnostic testing. This is especially important in children who often react differently to procedures, tests and...
- Treatment for Meningitis
The severity of meningitis varies from one person to another. In common cases, medications can help solve the problem and the person may recover within 1 to 3 weeks. But in cases where there is a risk of the infection spreading to the meninges, hospitalization and other confirmation tests might be...
- Is Meningitis Contagious?
Caused by bacteria and viruses, meningitis is an inflammation (swelling) of the protective membranes covering the brain and spinal cord known as the meninges. The inflammation is usually caused by an infection of the fluid surrounding the brain and spinal cord. It can develop as a result of injury,...
- Dr. Corey S Joekel MD8200 Dodge Street Omaha NE 68114
- Dr. Linda K Matson MDChildren's Hospital Emergency Department Omaha NE 68114
- Dr. Alan G Fuss MD8200 Dodge Street Omaha NE 68114
- Dr. Debra J Tomek MD8200 Dodge St Omaha NE 68114
- Dr. Jennifer Lynn Wang D.O.8200 Dodge St Omaha NE 68114
- Dr. Thomas J Deegan MD8200 Dodge St Omaha NE 68114