Dr. Daniel Lewis Popkin M.D. PH.D.
Dermatologist11100 Euclid Ave Cleveland OH, 44106
Dr. Daniel Popkin is a dermatologist practicing in Cleveland, OH. Dr. Popkin specializes in skin care. Dermatologists evaluate and manage both common and uncommon skin conditions. These conditions include acne, psoriasis, warts, skin infections, atopic dermatitis, herpes simplex and more. Dermatologists are also experts in more complex skin diseases like impetigo, hidradenitis and milaria. Dr. Popkin diagnoses skin problems and develops unique treatments plans for each individual patient.
Education and Training
Washington University in St. Louis School of Medicine MD / PhD 2004
Priceton University BS 1997
DermatologyAmerican Board of DermatologyABD- 12
- The Cpx envelope stress response is controlled by amplification and feedback inhibition.
- Novel cell type-specific antiviral mechanism of interferon gamma action in macrophages.
- Murine cytomegalovirus infection inhibits tumor necrosis factor alpha responses in primary macrophages.
- Gamma interferon blocks gammaherpesvirus reactivation from latency.
- Specific mutation of a gammaherpesvirus-expressed antigen in response to CD8 T cell selection in vivo.
- Slc15a4, a gene required for pDC sensing of TLR ligands, is required to control persistent viral infection.
- ENU-induced phenovariance in mice: inferences from 587 mutations.
- Role of lymphocytic choriomeningitis virus (LCMV) in understanding viral immunology: past, present and future.
- Langerhans Cell Hyperplasia From Molluscum Contagiosum.
- The key role of aquaporin 3 and aquaporin 10 in the pathogenesis of pompholyx.
- Genetic vs Environmental Factors That Correlate With Rosacea: A Cohort-Based Survey of Twins.
- Tropism of CPMV to Professional Antigen Presenting Cells Enables a Platform to Eliminate Chronic Infections.
- Overexpression of AQP3 and AQP10 in the skin exacerbates psoriasiform acanthosis.
- Cetylpyridinium Chloride (CPC) Exhibits Potent, Rapid Activity Against Influenza Viruses and .
- Seborrheic Dermatitis
- Actinic Keratosis
- Skin Cancer
- Contact Dermatitis
- Seborrheic Keratosis
- Rosacea & Acne
- Mohs & Surgical Dermatology
- Skin & Nail Disorders
- Skin Aging
- Skin Allergy Testing/treatment
- Skin Allergy Patch Testing
- Skin Biopsy, Skin Cancer, Skin Surgery And More
- Washington University/ Barnes Jewish Hospital Dermatology 2008
Experience & Accolades
- Assistant Professor2012 - 2019Case Western University
Dr. Daniel Lewis Popkin M.D. PH.D.'s Practice location
Cleveland, OH 44106Get Direction
Solana Beach, CA 92075Get Direction
HENDERSONVILLE, TN 37075Get Direction
Dr. Daniel Lewis Popkin M.D. PH.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Popkin
- Is Athlete’s Foot Contagious?
Athlete's foot is an infection caused by a fungus, which affects the skin of the foot. This fungal infection is one of the most common skin problems. The infection starts from the toes and may spread to other areas of the body. The foot may start becoming itchy and scaly. The skin may also develop...
- How is Genital Herpes Diagnosed?
Genital Herpes is the most common sexually transmitted disease. It is caused by two types of viruses - herpes simplex Type 1 and herpes simplex Type 2. However, people suffering from the condition are not aware of it because it hardly presents with any symptoms. So, in most of the cases people are...
- 5 Tips on Living with Heat Rash
Heat rash is also called "prickly heat" or "miliaria". Most children can get it, although it can also happen in adults. Heat rash is a condition that can cause discomforts, especially for people living in the tropical, hot, and humid environments. Heat rashes are sometimes accompanied by several...
- Can Men Get a Yeast Infection?
Many people think that only women suffer from yeast infections, but men can get them too, though it is much less common. This infection in men can be very painful and unpleasant.It is important to be aware of the symptoms and causes, as this can help in diagnosing and treating the infection in time...
- What is Acral Lentiginous Melanoma?
Acral lentiginous melanoma is a type of melanoma arising on the palms or soles of the feet. Acral lentiginous melanoma is not just a fancy name for melanoma on the fingers, toes, palm, soles of the feet, and under the nails, but it is also a type of melanoma that is the rarest among melanomas,...
- Is Laser Hair Removal Painful?
What is laser hair removal?Are you sick of using a razor or shaving creams every time you need to go to the beach and wear a bikini or when you are wearing a skirt and want to show off your legs? How about laser hair removal treatment? Laser hair removal is a treatment option based on photo...
- Dr. Elma D Baron MD11100 Euclid Ave Cleveland OH 44106
- Dr. Neil J Korman MD11100 Euclid Ave Cleveland OH 44106
- Dr. Margaret Wing-yan Mann MD11100 EUCLID AVE CLEVELAND OH 44106
- Dr. Allison Jeanne Brown MD11100 Euclid Ave Cleveland OH 44106
- Dr. Holly Elizabeth Kanavy D.O.11100 Euclid Ave Cleveland OH 44106
- Dr. Tina Rakkhit Nandi MD11100 Euclid Ave Cleveland OH 44106