Dr. James Peykanu is a psychiatrist practicing in Portland, OR. Dr. Peykanu is a medical doctor specializing in the care of mental health patients. As a psychiatrist, Dr. Peykanu diagnoses and treats mental illnesses. Dr. Peykanu may treat patients through a variety of methods including medications, psychotherapy or talk therapy, psychosocial interventions and more, depending on each individual case. Different medications that a psychiatrist might prescribe include antidepressants, antipsychotic mediations, mood stabilizers, stimulants, sedatives and hypnotics. Dr. Peykanu treats conditions like depression, anxiety, OCD, eating disorders, bipolar disorders, personality disorders, insomnia, ADD and other mental illnesses.
Psychiatry and NeurologyAmerican Board of Psychiatry and NeurologyABPN
- Eastman Institute for Oral Health, Rochester, NY
- Veteran Smile DayFree Smile DayVolunteering at Children's schools
Favorite Place to Vacation
- Any place with my family.
Hobbies / Sports
- Spending time with my husband and children; creating memories with them.
- Multiplan PHCS
Dr. James A Peykanu MD's Practice location
Portland, OR 97213Get Direction
PORTLAND, OR 97213Get Direction
Dr. James A Peykanu MD's reviewsWrite Review
- What Is Bipolar Disorder: Get the Facts
Life is a series of peaks and valleys as we try to experience, explore, and feel different things all throughout it. That's just the way life is for most of us, and we learn to navigate life's challenges and grow from our experiences. But for people with bipolar disorder, life takes on a much more...
- Signs of Depression
Typically, you may encounter feelings of sadness and these feelings normally subside over time so your normal routine can ensue. However, in some circumstances these feelings of frustration and sadness persist longer than expected, and it may affect the activities of your everyday life.The mental...
- What Is Seasonal Affective Disorder?
Seasonal Affective Disorder or SAD is a type of depression that comes and goes with the seasons. It starts during winter, usually stemming from a low amount of natural sunlight and is often lifted in the months of summer or spring. The symptoms often can begin in autumn as the days start getting...
- What Is Disorganized Schizophrenia?
Schizophrenia is a serious mental disorder involving a breakdown that drastically affects how a person thinks, feels, and behaves. The disorder has five subtypes, one of which is disorganized schizophrenia. Its very name implies the typical and predominant characteristics by which it is identified:...
- What Are the Side Effects of Schizophrenia Medications?
For people with Schizophrenia, the most common and best cure lies in sticking to a treatment plan that involves a daily dose of medication. But, what one must remember is the fact that these medications carry with themselves a large number of risk factors that may present some serious challenges....
- Understanding the Different Types of Multiple Sclerosis
Since MS does not progress in the same manner, professionals have divided the disease into four phenotypes based on the manner in which the disease progresses. The four types of multiple sclerosis are Clinically Isolated Syndrome, Relapsing-remitting Multiple Sclerosis, Primary Progressive Multiple...
- Dr. George Frederick Drinka M.D.2250 Northwest Flanders Portland Oregon 97210
- Lewis A. Van Osdel11602 Southwest Breyman Avenue Portland Oregon 97219
- Dr. Robert Harlan Bridenbaugh M.D.9111 Ne Sunderland Rd Portland OR 97211
- Dr. Shirley Roffe M.D.1015 NW 22ND AVE PORTLAND OR 97210
- Dr. Scott M Murray MD2330 Nw Flanders St Portland OR 97210
- Dr. Kate Hanna Blumner MD3710 Sw Us Veterans Hospital Rd Portland OR 97239