Dr. Kathleen Padilla Orsak MD
Psychiatrist | Psychiatry100 Park St Glens Falls Hospital Glens Falls NY, 12801
Dr. Kathleen Orsak is a psychiatrist practicing in Glens Falls, NY. Dr. Orsak is a medical doctor specializing in the care of mental health patients. As a psychiatrist, Dr. Orsak diagnoses and treats mental illnesses. Dr. Orsak may treat patients through a variety of methods including medications, psychotherapy or talk therapy, psychosocial interventions and more, depending on each individual case. Different medications that a psychiatrist might prescribe include antidepressants, antipsychotic mediations, mood stabilizers, stimulants, sedatives and hypnotics. Dr. Orsak treats conditions like depression, anxiety, OCD, eating disorders, bipolar disorders, personality disorders, insomnia, ADD and other mental illnesses.
Education and Training
Suny-Hlth Sci Ctr At Syracuse, Coll of Med, Syracuse Ny 1979
Upstate Medical University/ College of Health Professions 1979
State University of New York Upstate Medical University 1979
AnesthesiologyAmerican Board of AnesthesiologyABA- Hospice and Palliative Medicine
Psychiatry and NeurologyAmerican Board of Psychiatry and NeurologyABPN
- Bipolar Disorder
- Post-traumatic Stress Disorder (ptsd)
- U Hosp-Suny Hlth Sci Ctr, Psychiatry; U Hosp-Suny Hlth Sci Ctr, Anesthesiology; U Hosp-Suny Hlth Sci Ctr, General Surgery
- SUNY Health Science Center at Brooklyn Program
Dr. Kathleen Padilla Orsak MD's Practice location
Glens Falls, NY 12801Get Direction
Dr. Kathleen Padilla Orsak MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Orsak
- What Is Seasonal Affective Disorder?
Seasonal Affective Disorder or SAD is a type of depression that comes and goes with the seasons. It starts during winter, usually stemming from a low amount of natural sunlight and is often lifted in the months of summer or spring. The symptoms often can begin in autumn as the days start getting...
- Depression Medications and Their Side Effects
Regardless of the importance of non-medical treatment options for depression like talk therapy and physical exercise, none of them can be as quick and effective as medication. The primary form of medication for depression is antidepressants which help boost brain activity and alleviate depression...
- C 1 Round Pill
Round Pill C1This pill has a "C 1" imprint. It is also round and blue in color. It has been identified as clonazepam 1 mg. It is used to treat anxiety, panic disorder, benzodiazepine withdrawal, and borderline personality disorder. It belongs to the drug class benzodiazepine anticonvulsants and is...
- The Science Behind Depression: What Happens in Your Brain
Although the causes of depression are often associated with tragic life events, pregnancy, retirement, or conflicts in a relationship, this complex disorder is scientifically believed to be caused by a chemical imbalance. This chemical imbalance can be a result of a genetic vulnerability,...
- How Is Insomnia Diagnosed?
Insomnia is the inability to sleep that people of all ages can experience. It may be caused by a wide range of factors including physical discomfort or psychological problems. There is a direct relationship between insomnia and psychosocial factors. Factors such as increased age, conflicts with...
- What Is Vistaril Used For?
What is Vistaril (hydroxyzine)?Vistaril is a medication used to reduce central nervous system activity. It is an antihistamine drug that can help reduce the effects of histamine in the body and relieve symptoms of allergy, such as histamine-induced itch, hives, and contact dermatitis.Vistaril is...
- Koock E. Jung597 Bay Road Queensbury New York 12804
- Dr. Timothy Kurt Vandyck M.D.Bldg. H2005 Knight Lane Jacksonville FL 32212
- Dr. Ginger Christina Simor M.D.211 Church St Saratoga Springs NY 12866
- Dr. Russell Todd Loeber M.D., PH.D.211 Church St Saratoga Springs NY 12866
- Dr. April Marie Beasley-irving M.D.100 Park St Glens Falls NY 12801
- Dr. Kamali Swaminathan MD,MPH47 New Scotland Ave Albany NY 12208