Dr. Wendy Hart is a speech language pathologist practicing in POUGHKEEPSIE, NY. Dr. Hart specializes in speech, language and swallowing disorders in patients. As a speech language pathologist, Dr. Hart evaluates, diagnoses and treats patients with communication and swallowing troubles. These conditions may be due to developmental delay, brain injury, hearing loss, autism, stroke or other diseases and injuries. Dr. Hart helps patients make sounds and improve their voices through various methods. Speech language pathologists also work with patients to strengthen muscles used to speak and swallow, and work with individuals and families to help cope with their conditions.
Mrs. Wendy L. Hart M.S. CCC-SLP's Practice location
POUGHKEEPSIE, NY 12603Get Direction
Mrs. Wendy L. Hart M.S. CCC-SLP's reviewsWrite Review
- What Is Dysarthria: Symptoms, Causes, Treatment, and More
What is dysarthria?Dysarthria is a speech disorder that is caused by weak, paralyzed, or damaged oral muscles. Those who have dysarthria usually have trouble speaking along with poor articulation, poor phonation, and poor respiration. Others may also have a hard time understanding people who have...
- The History of Muscular Dystrophy
What is muscular dystrophy?Muscular dystrophy is an inherited disorder, which is often characterized by a progressive type of muscular degeneration and weakness. There are several types of muscular dystrophy, wherein each type eventually leads to an increased disability, strength loss, and potential...
- What Is Tay-Sachs Disease?
IntroductionTay-Sachs disease is a genetic disorder that affects the brain's nerve cells. Individuals who have this disorder lacks a type of protein that is needed to break down fatty substances in the brain. Without this protein, fatty substances accumulate in the brain to toxic levels, which...
- Is Multiple Sclerosis Genetic?
Multiple Sclerosis is a complex disease that can be caused by several factors; genetic structure is one of them. Several genes are thought to play a role in the development of MS. If any of a close relative, such as a sibling or a parent, has this disease, your chance of developing MS is slightly...
- Treatment of Multiple Sclerosis
The following are some of the treatments of MS that focus on slowing the progression of the disease, speeding recovery from attacks, and managing symptoms.Treatments for MS Attacks...
- What Is Lou Gehrig's Disease?
IntroductionLou Gehrig's disease is a neurodegenerative disorder that affects the brain and spinal cord. It is also called as amyotrophic lateral sclerosis or ALS. It is a progressive disorder that leads to the loss of voluntary muscle control in the body. This disorder often affects the...
- Deborah C Connelly CCC-SLP7 ARNOLD BLVD POUGHKEEPSIE NY 12603
- Mrs. Kristina M Crow MS, CCC-SLP3079B WEBB PL WEST POINT NY 10996
- Joelle Marie Von bischoffshausen CCC-SLP101 MANSION ST POUGHKEEPSIE NY 12601
- Mrs. Janet Marie Sokol MS ED, CCC-SLP115 DELAFIELD ST POUGHKEEPSIE NY 12601
- Miss Heather L Shortt M.S. E.D., CF-SLP344 GIDNEY AVE NEWBURGH NY 12550
- Mrs. Cheryl Irene Demetros MA,CCC-SLP15 HASTINGS DR BEACON NY 12508