Dr. Amir T Awad MD, FACG, FACP
Gastroenterologist | Gastroenterology11912 Sheldon Rd Suite B Tampa FL, 33626
Dr. Amir Awad is a gastroenterologist practicing in Tampa, FL. Dr. Awad specializes in the digestive system and its diseases that affect the gastrointestinal tract, which include organs from the mouth to the anus as well as liver disorders. Gastroenterology includes conditions such as hepatitis, peptic ulcer disease, colitis, nutritional problems and irritable bowel syndrome. Dr. Awad performs colonoscopy and endoscopy procedures and provides accurate and thorough care for patients suffering from digestive issues.
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Gastroenterology
- Hepatic injuries: management and outcome.
- Devascularization procedure and DSRS: a controlled randomized trial on selected haemodynamic portal flow pattern in schistosomal portal hypertension with variceal bleeding.
- Renal leiomyoma.
- Analysis of loco-regional and distant recurrences in breast cancer after conservative surgery.
- Isolation of candicine chloride, laurifoline chloride, and xanthoxyletin from the bark of Zanthoxylum elephantiasis.
- Isolation and identification of 3 alkaloids from the bark of Zanthoxylum elephantiasis.
- Risk factors in surgery of gastroduodenal ulcer disease in patients with schistosomal portal hypertension.
Dr. Amir T Awad MD, FACG, FACP's Practice location
Tampa, FL 33626Get Direction
Dr. Amir T Awad MD, FACG, FACP's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Awad
- How Is Diarrhea Diagnosed?
Diarrhea is a waterborne and foodborne disease that may occur due to an infection caused by viruses, bacteria, or parasites. Diarrhea can also happen as a side effect from food allergies and food intolerances. The condition is characterized by loose or watery stools, which is usually accompanied by...
- The Tell-Tale Signs of Gallstones
We have all heard stories; both happy and painful ones. Most people who have experienced the symptoms of gallstones, especially belly pain say it is unbearable and worse than labor pain!Gallstones are stones of different sizes that are created from bilirubin and cholesterol within the gallbladder....
- Rare Skin Condition Linked to Crohn’s Disease
A rare, chronic skin condition called hidradenitis suppurativa may be putting patients at risk for developing Crohn’s disease. According to recent evidence, hidradenitis suppurativa shares clinical and pathogenic features with Crohn’s disease, suggesting that the two chronic conditions may be...
- Alternative Treatments for Gallstones
Alternative Treatments For GallstonesA huge percentage of gallstones never show symptoms, but the moment a stone stops moving on its way to the small intestines from the gallbladder, trouble begins. That’s when signs start occurring, among them severe pain on the ride side of the abdomen that...
- Idol Casey Abrams Promotes Awareness of Crohn's and Colitis
Casey Abrams is a young man who suffers from ulcerative colitis. He is also the Season 10 American Idol finalist, and in 2011 he was hospitalized while singing in the famous competition because of a flare of his ulcerative colitis. Though he had to suffer through some very serious health issues,...
- Aspiring Nurse Reveals New Research Regarding Celiac Disease
Gluten-free foods have jumped to the forefront of many people's minds. Stores have changed their shelves to accommodate gluten-free packaging. It has become a trend to avoid foods with gluten, even with individuals without an allergy to it. Many people are trying a gluten-free diet because they...
- Muhanad Mustafa3100 E. Fletcher Avenue Tampa Florida 33613
- Dr. Scott Hallgren D.O., F.A.C.P.8250 Bryan Dairy Rd Seminole FL 33777
- Dr. Curtis Freedland D.O.10820 STATE ROAD 54 STE 201 NEW PORT RICHEY FL 34655
- Dr. Jigneshkumar Babubhai Patel M.D.1818 Short Branch Drive Trinity FL 34655
- Dr. Joseph Staffetti MD10820 STATE ROAD 54 NEW PORT RICHEY FL 34655
- Dr. Yasser Ali Saloum M.D.3000 MEDICAL PARK DR 340 TAMPA FL 33613