Dr. Akshay Shah practices Neuropathology in Tucson, AZ. Dr. Shah studies, evaluates, diagnoses, and treats conditions that affect the nervous system. Neuropathologists are trained to fully understand and treat such conditions as Alzheimers disease and Parkinsons disease.
Mr. Akshay Mahesh Shah M.D.'s Practice location
Tucson, AZ 85713Get Direction
SAN JOSE, CA 95116Get Direction
Mr. Akshay Mahesh Shah M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Shah
- Exploring the Benefits of Virtual Reality Rehabilitation in Multiple Sclerosis
For individuals living with multiple sclerosis (MS), a potentially disabling central nervous system disease, problems with balance and gait are quite common. Such problems include reduced mobility, independence, and quality of life. ...
- Knocking Out Parkinson's: How Boxing is Effective for Parkinson's Patients
Parkinson’s disease is a progressive disorder of the central system that primarily affects the motor system and movement capabilities of the patients. The symptoms of Parkinson’s disease usually appear slowly overtime but are generally dominated by shaking, rigidity, slowness when patients try...
- Understanding Hallucinations and Brain Disconnections in Parkinson's Disease
The ProblemThose who suffer from Parkinson’s may experience a variety of symptoms through their life, but doctors state that Parkinson's patients who experience hallucination are more susceptible to encountering disconnections in their brains relative to Parkinson's patients that are not...
- Stay Updated on Muscular Dystrophy News
Muscular dystrophy is a critical condition that must be treated immediately to lessen the severity of its symptoms. Though the condition is rare, it's still crucial to become aware of the illness and the recent studies that have been done for you to become more knowledgeable about what you can do to...
- Nortis Inc. Receives $688K to Revolutionize Multiple Sclerosis Treatment
One Seattle-based technology recently revealed new clinical technology that could completely change the way multiple sclerosis is treated. The firm received $668,000 to develop an in-vitro blood barrier that mimics the human blood-brain barrier, an innovation that would make MS drug development more...
- Music Legend Neil Diamond Announces His Diagnosis of Parkinson's Disease
See the Full List of Celebrities With Parkinson's DiseaseOn Jan. 22, 2018, Neil Diamond announced his shocking and heartbreaking diagnosis of Parkinson's disease, which prompted him to cancel the rest of his 50th anniversary tour in Australia and New Zealand.According to the Parkinson’s...
- Dr. Dinesh Talwar MD2450 East River Road Tucson AZ 85718
- Dr. W Horace Noland MD2450 East River Road Tucson AZ 85718
- Dr. Nadia A Fike MD2450 East River Road Tucson AZ 85718
- Dr. Francisco R Valdivia MD2450 East River Road Tucson AZ 85718
- Dr. Rebecca Elaine Whiddon M.D.1501 N Campbell Ave Tucson AZ 85724
- Dr. Myrka R Torres MD2800 E Ajo Way Tucson AZ 85713