Dr. Michael Jeffrey Barkoviak M.D.
Pulmonologist | Pulmonary Disease11133 Dunn Rd Suite 2335 Saint Louis MO, 63136
Dr. Michael Barkoviak practices Pulmonology in Saint Louis, MO. A pulmonologist is a physician who possesses specialized knowledge and skill in the diagnosis and treatment of pulmonary conditions and diseases. Dr. Barkoviak manages patients who need life support and mechanical ventilation, and is specially trained in diseases and conditions of the chest, particularly pneumonia, asthma, tuberculosis, emphysema, and complicated chest infections.
Education and Training
Rush Med Coll of Rush Univ, Chicago Il 1988
Rush Medical College of Rush University Medical Center 1988
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Pulmonary Disease
Expert PublicationsData provided by the National Library of Medicine
- Rush-Presbyterian-St. Luke's Medical Center
- Rush Presbyterian-St. Lukes Medical Center, Program 1
Dr. Michael Jeffrey Barkoviak M.D.'s Practice location
Saint Louis, MO 63136Get Direction
Dr. Michael Jeffrey Barkoviak M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Barkoviak
- Young Mom Faces Cystic Fibrosis Diagnosis—Twice
At the age of 23, Shelby Woods faces every parent’s worst nightmare – a sick child. However, for Shelby, this nightmare is greater because both of her children, Sienna and Noah, were diagnosed with cystic fibrosis, an incurable genetic disease that had them going in and out of the...
- Woman with Cystic Fibrosis Celebrates 40th Birthday with 40 Acts of Kindness
One woman is making it her mission to spread kindness--among anger, hope among fear, and love among hate. Kelly Asbell is that woman.Spending too many years in fearWednesday, March 21, 2018, was Kelly Asbell’s 40th birthday, a date she never imagined seeing. At age ten, Kelly was diagnosed with...
- Managing COPD
Albeit there is no cure for COPD, there are medicines available to manage this disease. Taking these medications can slow down the progression of the disease, and improve one's quality of life.Stop smoking!Cessation of smoking is one step that will help toward managing symptoms of COPD. If you have...
- New Study: ADHD's Potential Impact on Cystic Fibrosis
Results from a recent study have shown that 15% of Adults with Cystic Fibrosis (CF) had definitive symptoms for Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD).While past research had shown a prevalence of anxiety and depression in adults with CF, the incidence of ADHD was described as...
- New Technology Offers Shared Decision-Making for Cystic Fibrosis Patients
Suffering from an autosomal recessive lethal disease is indubitably difficult, but what if there were something that could make it more manageable? Physician researchers at the University of Cincinnati have worked to develop a computerize decision-making model that assists cystic fibrosis patients...
- What Causes Lung Cancer?
Lung cancer is the unsuppressed growth of cells in the tissues of the lungs. Such a condition leads to a tumor (malignant) which may spread (by metastasis) to different organs of the body if not treated in time. Cancer of the lung at the primary stage is also known as carcinoma. The two types of...
- Dr. William P. Galli D.O.615 S NEW BALLAS RD SAINT LOUIS MO 63141
- Dr. Brian James Hamburg MD1 Barnes Jewish Hospital Plz Saint Louis MO 63110
- Dr. Barbara Joy Foner MD11155 Dunn Rd Saint Louis MO 63136
- Dr. Rael David Sundy MD1035 BELLEVUE AVE SAINT LOUIS MO 63117
- Dr. Daniel E Potts MD222 S WOODS MILL RD CHESTERFIELD MO 63017
- Dr. Orlando I Ruiz rodriguez MD2 Memorial Dr Alton IL 62002