Dr. Justin Santarelli practices Neurological Surgery in Stanford, CA. As a Neurological Surgeon, Dr. Santarelli prevents, diagnoses, evaluates, and treats disorders of the autonomic, peripheral, and central nervous systems. Neurological Surgeons are trained to treat such disorders as spinal canal stenosis, herniated discs, tumors, fractures, and spinal deformities, among many others.
RadiologyAmerican Board of RadiologyABR- Neuroradiology
- Neurological Surgery
- Member Congress of Neurological Surgeons
- Member American Association of Neurological Surgeons
- Member Society of NeuroInterventional Surgeons
- Member AANS. CNS. SNIS.
- Stanford Hospital & Clinics
Dr. Justin Santarelli M.D.'s Practice location
Stanford, CA 94305Get Direction
VALHALLA, NY 10595Get Direction
Dr. Justin Santarelli M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Santarelli
- What Is a Cervical Laminectomy?
A cervical laminectomy is performed to relieve the compression of the spinal cord and nerves around your neck. This is achieved by making the spinal canal wider, creating more space for your nerves. A part of the protruding bone or the lamina is either removed or trimmed during this procedure. The...
- How to Prepare for a Laminectomy
Laminectomy is a procedure where a surgeon removes a part or more parts of your vertebrae or any ligaments on your spinal cord that exert pressure on the nerves. Laminectomy is said to be the most common back surgery performed for disability and pain. The following are some expectations before,...
- What to Expect While Undergoing Spinal Stenosis Surgery?
Spinal stenosis is a condition where two spinal vertebrae separated by an intervertebral disc come closer as the disc wears off due to osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis or trauma. When this happens, the spinal nerve that runs between them becomes compressed causing pain to the individual. The...
- The History of Lobotomy
Lobotomy is now considered an inhumane and obsolete procedure that no one would ever want to be subjected to. However, at the time of its advent, it was not the primitive and brutal surgery we view it as today. In a time where medications to treat psychological and emotional conditions were...
- What Is a Transorbital Lobotomy?
Transorbital LobotomyTransorbital lobotomy was once considered as a form of neurosurgery that was labeled as "insane". A pioneer in this field was a Portuguese doctor named António Egas Moniz. He introduced frontal lobotomy in 1935 for certain cases of psychosis and won a Nobel Prize because of...
- What Is Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery?
Spinal surgery usually requires that the surgeon makes a relatively huge incision on the patient’s back in order to have complete access to the spinal vertebrae. This is the usual procedure in dealing with defects of the spine, and it has been so because of the delicate nature of the...
- Meic Schmidt M.D.100 WOODS ROAD Valhalla NY 10595
- Dr. Carrie R Muh M.D., M.S.100 WOODS RD # A VALHALLA NY 10595
- Dr. Dhruve Satish Jeevan M.D.100 Woods Rd Valhalla NY 10595
- Dr. Joey Melissa Mancuso D.O.100 WOODS RD VALHALLA NY 10595
- Mr. Jared Michael Pisapia MD, MTR100 WOODS RD # A VALHALLA NY 10595
- Dr. Christian Andrew Bowers M.D.100 WOODS RD VALHALLA NY 10595