Dr. Susan Vegsund is a speech language pathologist practicing in DALLAS, TX. Dr. Vegsund specializes in speech, language and swallowing disorders in patients. As a speech language pathologist, Dr. Vegsund evaluates, diagnoses and treats patients with communication and swallowing troubles. These conditions may be due to developmental delay, brain injury, hearing loss, autism, stroke or other diseases and injuries. Dr. Vegsund helps patients make sounds and improve their voices through various methods. Speech language pathologists also work with patients to strengthen muscles used to speak and swallow, and work with individuals and families to help cope with their conditions.
Susan Kay Vegsund's Practice location
DALLAS, TX 75247Get Direction
Susan Kay Vegsund's reviewsWrite Review
- Choosing the Right Education for Your Autistic Child
Autism spectrum disorder (ASD) can cause issues in crucial areas of development, such as social interaction, verbal and nonverbal communication, creative and imaginative play, and sensory processing.Children with ASD may have difficulty understanding and communicating their needs and wants to...
- What Is Tay-Sachs Disease?
IntroductionTay-Sachs disease is a genetic disorder that affects the brain's nerve cells. Individuals who have this disorder lacks a type of protein that is needed to break down fatty substances in the brain. Without this protein, fatty substances accumulate in the brain to toxic levels, which...
- Clinically Isolated Syndrome vs. Multiple Sclerosis: What You Need To Know
Clinically isolated syndrome presents the same type of attack where the body’s immune system attacks the central nervous system. If this only happens once, it's known as CIS.Clinically Isolated SyndromeDespite popular belief, CIS does not always go on to develop multiple sclerosis. This does...
- Early Warning Signs of Multiple Sclerosis
Is it Multiple Sclerosis?Although some of the symptoms of multiple sclerosis are common, there is no definitive pattern that applies to everyone. The symptoms of multiple sclerosis also resemble those of many other diseases. What sets the symptoms of MS apart from other conditions is time. In many...
- Late Talkers May Not Have Issues When They Become Teenagers
Children who are Late Talkers may have problems with behavior and emotional development as toddlers, but this may not persist into their teenage years, according to a study published in the journal, Pediatrics. In this study, the researchers followed 2,800 children from birth up until they were...
- Is There a Cure for Autism?
It is natural to ask your doctor about the cure for any disease once you have been diagnosed with it. The same is true for those diagnosed with autism. Unfortunately, there is no cure for autism.Various behavioral adjustment methods and medications that manage autism’s core symptoms are available...
- Dr. Barbara Jean Parker PH.D.2715 Bolton Boone Dr Desoto TX 75115
- Mrs. Cindy Taylor Hayden MSCCCSLP4601 OLD SHEPARD PL STE 209 PLANO TX 75093
- Miss Valerie Williams M.S., SLP-INTERN4443 N JOSEY LN CARROLLTON TX 75010
- Adanna Burrell CCC-SLP14827 PRESTON RD APT 903 DALLAS TX 75254
- Lindsay Mormon Sims M.S., CCC-SLP924 PAVILLION ST DALLAS TX 75204
- Crystal Meisner Muegge S.L.P.4350 SIGMA RD STE 100 FARMERS BRANCH TX 75244