Dr. Christina Spofford is an anesthesiologist practicing in Iowa City, IA. Dr. Spofford ensures the safety of patients who are about to undergo surgery. Anestesiologists specialize in general anesthesia, which will (put the patient to sleep), sedation, which will calm the patient or make him or her unaware of the situation, and regional anesthesia, which just numbs a specific part of the body. As an anesthesiologist, Dr. Spofford also might help manage pain after an operation.
Education and Training
Med Coll of Wi, Milwaukee Wi 2003
Med College Of Wisconsin 1999
AnesthesiologyAmerican Board of AnesthesiologyABA
- Mechanotransduction via the elastin-laminin receptor (ELR) in resistance arteries.
- Possible bupropion interaction with ropivacaine: setting the stage for seizure?
- Perioperative fever and outcome in surgical patients with aneurysmal subarachnoid hemorrhage.
- Ketoprofen produces modality-specific inhibition of pain behaviors in rats after plantar incision.
- Continuous cervical paravertebral catheter knot.
- Evaluation of leukemia inhibitory factor (LIF) in a rat model of postoperative pain.
- Gene expression in skin, muscle, and dorsal root ganglion after plantar incision in the rat.
- Neuropeptide Y is analgesic in rats after plantar incision.
- Univ Iowa Hosps & Clinics, Anesthesiology
Dr. Christina M Spofford M.D.'s Practice location
Iowa City, IA 52242Get Direction
MILWAUKEE, WI 53226Get Direction
Dr. Christina M Spofford M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Spofford
- New Research May Improve Bone Health in Diabetic Patients
Diabetes and complications related to it are common, and most people know about them. Diabetes harms blood vessels and nerves, which causes heart problems, problems with peripheral nerves, and weakens eyesight. The need for foot and eye care, and the evaluation of heart and kidney health, are all...
- Does My Diet Raise My Risk of Getting Appendicitis?
The appendix found in the human body was long the subject of debate among doctors all over the world in their journals and reviews. However, very few of these debates have turned out to be worthy of serious consideration because the majority of doctors have conceded the fact that the appendix serves...
- Recovery After a Laminectomy
Laminectomy is a surgical procedure done for the removal of the lamina, bone spurs, and ligaments that may be putting pressure on your spinal nerves and causing lower back pain. The procedure is said to be one of the most commonly performed back surgeries. Below is a detailed information on what...
- What Is the Epiglottis?
What is Epiglottis?Epiglottis is a elastic flap of tissue that is shaped like a thin leaf and situated at the root of the tongue. It protects the opening between the vocal cords, known as the entrance of the glottis. Epiglottis is covered with mucous membrane, which is a yellow elastic cartilage...
- Different Types of Physicians Explained
Doctors or physicians are categorized according to different factors including medical specialties and subspecialties. Most doctors specialize in a specific area of medicine. This article provides a summary of the different types of doctors in the medical field. AllergistsAllergists are also...
- What Are the Risks of Laminectomy?
Your doctor will first attempt to give you other alternative treatments before recommending surgery. If your back pain still persists after treatment, your doctor may suggest for surgery as one of the solutions. Laminectomy is the most probable surgical procedure that you will have to undergo.Facts...
- Dr. Esther M Benedetti MD200 Hawkins Dr Iowa City IA 52242
- Dr. Yasser M Karim MD200 Hawkins Dr Iowa City IA 52242
- Dr. Jaroslaw S Przybyl MD200 Hawkins Dr Iowa City IA 52242
- Dr. Melinda S Seering MD200 Hawkins Dr Iowa City IA 52242
- Dr. Tyrone B Whitter MD200 Hawkins Dr Iowa City IA 52242
- Dr. Joss J Thomas MD MPH200 Hawkins Dr Iowa City IA 52242