Dr. Edward Michael Schmitt M.D.
Aerospace Medicine Specialist | Aerospace Medicine307 Boatner Rd Suite 114 Eglin Afb FL, 32542
Dr. Edward Schmitt is an aerospace medicine specialist practicing in Eglin Afb, FL. Dr. Schmitt provides primary care services for professionals like pilots and crewmembers who work and travel in the air or space. As an aerospace medicine specialist, Dr. Schmitt discovers, manages and prevents health issues that result from traveling in extreme environments. These physicians are particularly trained in diseases that may arise from air travel, and work to keep airmen healthy and safe.
Education and Training
Wright State University Boonshoft School Of Medicine 2011
Dr. Edward Michael Schmitt M.D.'s Practice location
Eglin Afb, FL 32542Get Direction
MINOT AFB, ND 58705Get Direction
- How is Frostbite Treated?
How is Frostbite Treated?Frostbite is a cold-related condition in which tissue freezes when the body is exposed to temperatures below the freezing point of the skin. Hands, feet, the nose, and ears are most commonly affected by this condition. Frostbite can affect almost anybody, but some have a...
- What Are Congenital Cataracts?
Cataracts can be present at birth – which is termed as congenital, and in other cases can develop later in life. Various studies have shown an estimation that one out of every 250 children will develop a cataract either prior to birth or during childhood. While the exact cause is unknown,...
- What Is Chronic Sinusitis: Symptoms, Causes, and Treatment
IntroductionChronic sinusitis is the inflammation of the sinuses that tend to persist for 12 weeks or more, despite treatment attempts. Another term for chronic sinusitis is chronic rhinosinusitis, which causes mucus buildup due to an impaired drainage of the sinuses. People with chronic sinusitis...
- Are Genetically Modified (GM) Foods Safe to Eat?
Genetically modified organisms (GMOs) are genetically altered plants, animals, or microorganisms. In GMOs, their DNA is artificially altered instead of undergoing natural processes such as mating or natural recombination. The artificial alteration is possible with the help of modern biotechnology or...
- What Are The Causes of Miscarriages?
Spontaneous end of pregnancy before the fetus reaches its 20th week of growth is known as a miscarriage. It is also referred to as spontaneous abortion caused by natural events. Studies show that about 15% of the reported pregnancies lead to miscarriages, and most of them are within the first...
- What Causes Kidney Stones? How to Prevent and Treat Kidney Stones
Kidney stones are also known as renal calculi. The occurrence of kidney stones is known as nephrolithiasis. Kidney stones in the urinary tract lead to a condition known as ureterolithiasis. Kidney stones are seen as a common occurrence in the medical world. One in twenty people tend to suffer from...
- Dr. William Edward Nelson M.D.100 Bartley St Hurlburt Field FL 32544
- Dr. Elizabeth Casstevens M.D.307 BOATNER RD STE 114 EGLIN AFB FL 32542
- Dr. Jon J Juhasz MD307 Boatner Rd Eglin Afb FL 32542
- Dr. Luke Harris Porsi M.D.113 Lielmanis Ave Hurlburt Field FL 32544
- Dr. John Douglas Hermann D.O.1000 Mar Walt Dr Fort Walton Beach FL 32547
- Dr. Oclla Michele Fletcher MD113 Lielmanis Ave Hurlburt Field FL 32544