Dr. Erin Spengler is an internist practicing in Iowa City, IA. Dr. Spengler specializes in the medical treatment of adults. Internists can act as a primary physician or a consultant to a primary physician. They manage both common and rare diseases. Dr. Spengler provides comprehensive care and manages treatment with surgeons as well. Internists establish long-term relationships with their patients and incorporate disease prevention and mental health care into their practice.
- Alcoholic hepatitis: current management.
- Hepatitis E: Emerging Pathogen or Domestic Bystander?
- Recommendations for Diagnosis, Referral for Liver Biopsy, and Treatment of Nonalcoholic Fatty Liver Disease and Nonalcoholic Steatohepatitis.
- In Reply-Diet and Activity Programs Are Ineffective in Nonalcoholic Fatty Liver Disease.
Dr. Erin Kristin Spengler M.D.'s Practice location
Iowa City, IA 52242Get Direction
MADISON, WI 53705Get Direction
Dr. Erin Kristin Spengler M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- Why Am I So Tired?
Many people find it difficult to describe when they are tired. Some call it exhaustion, while others name it tiredness. Few others may call it fatigue. Fatigue, or tiredness, is a non-specific condition with numerous causes. Fatigue can be either physical or mental, although the two condition are...
- What Causes Cat Scratch Fever?
What is cat scratch fever?Cat scratch fever is also known as "cat scratch disease", which is a type of bacterial infection. The disease got its name because humans contract the infection from cats that are infected with the bacterium called Bartonella henselae, which is one of the most common...
- Hot Flashes and Women's Health
Hot flashes are one of the most common symptoms of menopause and perimenopause. It is also commonly seen in women with premature menopause and induced menopause.Hot flashes cause women who experience them to suddenly feel overheated, it is usually accompanied by sweating and a red, flushed face. The...
- Does Regular Exercise Affect Life Expectancy?
A recent study published in, The Lancet, shows that daily light exercise of 15 minutes per day can increase the life expectancy by three years and lower the risk of death by 14%. This is especially true in the case of people who are inactive. In this study, the researchers compared inactive people...
- What is Cupping Therapy?
Cupping therapy is a traditional medicine followed in ancient cultures for relieving pain and other symptoms using cups placed on specific positions on the skin to create suction. The reduced pressure under the skin helps to draw and hold the skin under the cup. Experts in this alternative therapy...
- What Is Shivering: 15 Conditions That Might Cause Chills
What is shivering?Exposure to cold or rapid shifts in temperature usually causes uncontrollable shivering. However, many other possible causes can cause shivering or chills. An uncontrollable shivering that persists for a longer time may indicate an underlying illness that requires immediate medical...
- Dr. Thomas M. O'Dorisio MD200 Hawkins Drive Iowa City Iowa 52242
- Robert W. Summers200 Hawkins Drive Iowa City Iowa 52242
- Dr. Tyler Haberle M.D.200 Hawkins Dr Iowa City IA 52242
- Dr. Christopher J Goerdt MD200 Hawkins Dr Iowa City IA 52242
- Dr. Maurice C Champion M.D.2460 Towncrest Dr Iowa City IA 52240
- Dr. William L Iverson MD200 Hawkins Dr Iowa City IA 52242