Dr. Craig Geoffrey Hurwitz M.D.
Nephrologist (Kidney Specialist) | Nephrology159 Margaret St Suite 600 Plattsburgh NY, 12901
Dr. Craig Hurwitz is a nephrologist practicing in Plattsburgh, NY. Dr. Hurwitz specializes in the care and treatment of the kidneys. As a nephrologist, Dr. Hurwitz most typically treats conditions like kidney stones, chronic kidney disease, acute renal failure, polycystuc kidney disease, high blood pressure and more. Nephrologists are also experts on kidney transplantation and dialysis. They are usually referred to by primary care physicians for problems related to the kidneys, and while they can perform tests to diagnose kidney disorders, they do not perform surgeries.
Education and Training
State University of New York Downstate College of Medicine MD
State University of New York Downstate Medical Center College of Medicine 1996
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
- Pulmonary leukostasis mimicking pulmonary embolism.
- Application of pressure steps to mechanosensitive channels in membrane patches: a simple, economical, and fast system.
- A mechanogated nonselective cation channel in proximal tubule that is ATP sensitive.
- Experimental superficial siderosis of the central nervous system: biochemical correlates.
- Myelin deficiency in female rats due to a mutation in the PLP gene.
- The pressure is on. Hypertension and diabetes.
- Fletcher Allen Hlth Care, Nephrology; Fletcher Allen Hlth Care, Internal Medicine
Dr. Craig Geoffrey Hurwitz M.D.'s Practice location
Plattsburgh, NY 12901Get Direction
PLATTSBURGH, NY 12901Get Direction
Dr. Craig Geoffrey Hurwitz M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Hurwitz
- Does Acute Renal Failure Cause Death?
Our body machinery comprises of various parts and components all together, embedded to function as a whole unit to support life. Each component that forms a part of the body machine has a specific contribution and any malfunction in any of the components can have adverse effects on the entire body....
- 5 Tips on Living with Kidney Stones
According to scientific research, around 15% of the world’s population is living with kidney stones. Among these people, 20% are men while 5% are women. Kidney stones is a condition which is very common especially in men. It is also among the most painful infections since it affects the urinary...
- What Is Atherosclerosis: Types, Symptoms, and Home Remedies
What is atherosclerosis?Atherosclerosis is also known as arteriosclerotic vascular disease or ASVD. It is a particular type of arteriosclerosis in which an artery wall gets thickened as an effect of attack and accumulation of white blood cells and rupture of the intimal smooth muscle cell producing...
- Leukocytes in Urine: What Does Leukocyte Esterase in Urine Mean?
What are leukocytes?White blood cells (WBCs) are also called as leukocytes. They protect the body from infections by fighting foreign invaders such as viruses, bacteria, fungi, or parasites. Phagocytes and lymphocytes are forms of white blood cells (WBCs).Phagocytes engulf foreign particles like...
Oliguria is a medical term used when referring to a decreased urine output. Oliguria is considered when a person’s urine output is less than 400 mL in a 24-hour period. When it comes to infants, oliguria occurs when the urine output is less than 0.5 mL/kg/hr for 24 hours. Anuria is the absence...
- Will My Kidney Stones Result in Future Kidney Problems?
A kidney stone is a condition that occurs when the minerals and salts present in the urine become concentrated in high levels and eventually tend to crystallize. These crystallized formations can be seen as stones, and they often stick together. Kidney stones mostly form in the kidney. They start as...
- Dr. Alan Segal M.D.1 S Prospect St Burlington VT 05401
- Dr. Dana Gabriela Negoi MD1 S Prospect St Burlington VT 05401
- Dr. Varun Agrawal MD1 SOUTH PROSPECT STREET SOUTH BURLINGTON VT 05403
- Dr. Wolfgang Johannes Weise M.D.1 S Prospect St Burlington VT 05401
- Dr. Richard Jay Solomon MD1 S Prospect St Burlington VT 05401
- Dr. Jeffrey Michael Rimmer MD1 S Prospect St Burlington VT 05401