Dr. David Bowen is a cosmetic medicine and surgery specialist practicing in Bakersfield, CA. Dr. Bowen specializes in the enhancement of appearance. Improving aesthetic, symmetry and proportion are key goals in cosmetic surgery. Cosmetic medicine has nothing to do with these specific areas not functioning properly; therefore, this elective field solely focuses on aesthetics and anti-aging.
Plastic SurgeryAmerican Board of Plastic SurgeryABPS
- Studies of FLT3 mutations in paired presentation and relapse samples from patients with acute myeloid leukemia: implications for the role of FLT3 mutations in leukemogenesis, minimal residual disease detection, and possible therapy with FLT3 inhibito
- A pilot study of antithymocyte globulin (ATG) in the treatment of patients with 'low-risk' myelodysplasia.
- Oxidative stress and the myelodysplastic syndromes.
- Second hit mutations in the RTK/RAS signaling pathway in acute myeloid leukemia with inv(16).
- NRAS, FLT3 and TP53 mutations in patients with myelodysplastic syndrome and a del(5q).
- Latency of onset of de novo myelodysplastic syndromes.
- RAS mutation in acute myeloid leukemia is associated with distinct cytogenetic subgroups but does not influence outcome in patients younger than 60 years.
- Treatment strategies and issues in low/intermediate-1-risk myelodysplastic syndrome (MDS) patients.
- Chronic myelomonocytic leukemia: lost in classification?
- Etiology of acute myeloid leukemia in the elderly.
- Analysis of the CD33-related siglec family reveals that Siglec-9 is an endocytic receptor expressed on subsets of acute myeloid leukemia cells and absent from normal hematopoietic progenitors.
- Time-dependent prognostic scoring system for myelodysplastic syndromes has significant limitations that may influence its reproducibility and practical application.
- Microarray-based classifiers and prognosis models identify subgroups with distinct clinical outcomes and high risk of AML transformation of myelodysplastic syndrome.
- Epigenetic mechanisms regulating normal and malignant haematopoiesis: new therapeutic targets for clinical medicine.
- Introduction to an occasional series.
- L A Co-Usc Med Ctr, Surgery Of The Hand-Plastic Surgery; Methodist Hosp, Plastic Surgery; Baylor Coll Of Med, General Surgery
Dr. David T Bowen M.D.'s Practice location
Bakersfield, CA 93301Get Direction
PALM DESERT, CA 92260Get Direction
Dr. David T Bowen M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- Are There Risks to Plastic Surgery?
Few things in the medical procedures world are risk free. If you factor in human error, bad judgment on the side of the patient and the surgeon, you get potentially bad results that could result in someone regretting the decisions made.Plastic surgery is not risk free. It carries its own risks and...
- Thinking About Getting a Nose Job? Here is What You Need to Know
What is it? Rhinoplasty, commonly known as a nose job, is a surgical procedure done to reshape the nose to improve its appearance. This is a cosmetic surgery done for people who are unhappy with the way their nose looks, or to correct certain deformities which resulted from injuries to their nose...
- Fat May Return After Liposuction
According to a new study published in the journal, Obesity, the fat lost by liposuction — the most popular fat removal cosmetic procedure — returns after the procedure. Researcher Robert H. Eckel, MD, professor of medicine, physiology and biophysics at the University of Colorado Anschutz...
- Does Ultherapy Really Tighten Skin?
What is it?Ultherapy is the only FDA approved non-surgical procedure done to lift the skin of the neck, chins and brow. It is not a surgery; it is not an injection or laser. It is an ultrasound therapy. This technique uses ultrasound to guide the clinician to the directed are of the skin where they...
- What Is The Difference Between A Cosmetic Surgeon And A Plastic Surgeon?
Cosmetic Surgeon vs. Plastic SurgeonA cosmetic surgeon is a person who has trained and specialized in cosmetic surgery which involves the art of using techniques of medicine and surgery to enhance a person’s looks and appearance.A plastic surgeon, on the other hand, is a specialist involved in...
- Reasons for Undergoing a Breast Augmentation
One of the leading cosmetic surgery procedures performed in the US is breast augmentation. According to research, approximately 307,000 women received breast implants in 2011. Many of the surgeries were different, and the reasons for the surgeries also varied. The majority of women who decide to...
- Dr. Kamil Erfanian M.D.2400 Bahamas Drive Bakersfield CA 93309
- Dr. Gordon Murray Mitts M.D.2525 H St Bakersfield CA 93301
- Dr. Darshan R Shah MD4850 Commerce Dr. Bakersfield CA 93309
- Dr. James Knoetgen M.D.4850 Commerce Dr. Bakersfield CA 93309
- Dr. Brett E Lehocky MD4850 Commerce Dr. Bakersfield CA 93309
- Dr. Schaul Sarmicanic MD1801 16th St Bakersfield CA 93301