Harrison H. Lee, MD, DMD, FACS, is a plastic surgeon who diagnoses and treats patients at his private practice in Beverly Hills, CA, and New York City, NY. He has an impressive professional journey that spans eighteen years. He has helped thousands of patients with unique and often difficult facial surgical procedures, such as bone contouring and silicone removal. Dr. Lee is an Overseas Fellow of the Royal Society of Medicine and a Fellow of multiple United States Surgical Societies.
Dr. Harrison H. Lee, MD's Videos
Education and Training
Tufts University BS 0
New York Medical College M.D. 1992
American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
American Board of Otolaryngology
American Board of Plastic Surgery
Plastic Surgery Within the Head and Neck (Plastic Surgery)
Dr. Harrison H. Lee, MD's Expert Contributions
Facial plastic surgery is a medical specialty that focuses on oral maxillary surgery, dermatology, ophthalmology, and plastic surgery. It is devoted to both reconstructive and cosmetic enhancements. The procedures that facial plastic surgeons perform include facelifts, rhinoplasty, eyelid surgery,...
An hour and a half. READ MORE
6 weeks READ MORE
Could have been from the general anesthesia after having been intubated. READ MORE
Depends on the location and severity READ MORE
Only the first day because of the bandages but after 24-48 hours there will be minimal discomfort. READ MORE
On average it takes me around 3 hours. READ MORE
For about 3 weeks and around 8-10 hours a day READ MORE
Yes of course READ MORE
Yes absolutely ! READ MORE
Yes of course READ MORE
Not much pain at all READ MORE
Chin reduction is not that painful but it is sore for the first 24 hours. READ MORE
Once the cast and tape have been removed which is about anywhere from one week to 10 days. READ MORE
Usually forever. READ MORE
At least 2 weeks for the majority of the swelling may be bruising to resolve. READ MORE
You may use a warm moist towel but do not get the cast and tape wet. READ MORE
24 to 48 hours READ MORE
It’s just uncomfortable for 24 to 48 hours READ MORE
If done properly, it shouldn’t change the shape of the nose at all. READ MORE
Five liters per liposuction session READ MORE
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- attending Surgeon Hollywood Presbyterian Medical Center -
- Clinical Instructor Department of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery, Division of Facial Plastic Surgery at the University of Southern California School of Medicine -
- Mentor Gel TM Breast Implant Post Approval Study -
- Adjunct Study Silicone Gel-Filled Mammary Prosthesis -
- Top Physician Year Consumers’ Research Education Council
- Patient's Choice Award Vitals
- Compassionate Doctor Award Vitals
- 10 Best 2015-18 Patient Satisfaction
- America's Best Doctors 2014 America
- America's Best Physicians 2015-18 America
- Top 100 2011 Health Professionals
- Patient Satisfaction Award 2015-18 American Institute of Plastic Surgeons
- Asian Eyelid Double Fold Surgery
- Cheek Augmentation & Reduction
- Chin Augmentation & Reduction
- Ear Surgery
- Eyelid Surgery
- Facial Silicone Removal
- Hairline Advancement
- Jaw Reduction
- Jaw Augmentation
- Lip Augmentation
- Submental Liposuction
- Thyroid Cartilage Shave
- Fat Grafting
- Fat Transfer
- Breast Augmentation
- Breast Implants
- Facial Feminization Surgery
- American Academy of Otolaryngology – Head & Neck Surgery
- American Association of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons
- American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery
- Royal Society of Medicine
- American Academy of Facial Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery
- American Institute of Plastic Surgeons
- Overseas Fellow of the Royal Society of Medicine
- Associate Fellow of the American Society of Cosmetic Breast Surgery
- Fellow of the American College of Surgeons
- Fellow of the American Academy of Otolaryngology – Head & Neck Surgery
- Fellow of the American Association of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons
- Fellow of the American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery
- Life Fellow of the International Biographical Association (Cambridge, England)
- The Lasky Clinic facial plastic and reconstructive surgery
- Tufts University Boston, Massachusetts Doctor of Dental Medicine-D.M.D. Tufts University Boston, Massachusetts Bachelor of Science, B.S. Honors: Deans List
- Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery One year fellowship The Lasky Clinic, Beverly Hills, CA (affiliated with UCLA)
Professional Society Memberships
- Member, American Academy of Facial Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery Member, American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery Member, American Academy of Otolaryngology-Head & Neck Surgery Member, American College of Surgeons Member, American Society of Liposuction Surgery Member, American Society of Cosmetic Breast Surgery Member, American Institute of Plastic Surgeons
What do you attribute your success to?
- \"I\'ve had the privilege of really excellent training and in each specialty, I\'ve had wonderful mentors that guided me to be my best self.\"
Teaching and speaking
- National and International speaking engagements on various topics especially relating to Facial Feminization Surgery and Facial Skeletal Surgery ie V Line Surgery
Dr. Harrison H. Lee, MD's Practice location
Beverly Hills, CA 90212Get Direction
Dr. Harrison H. Lee, MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Lee
Get to know Facial Plastic Surgeon Dr. Harrison H. Lee, who serves patients in California & New York.
Dr. Lee is a highly respected, best in class bi-coastal facial plastic surgeon. His preeminent plastic surgery practices are located in Beverly Hills, California (Los Angeles Plastic Surgery Center) & New York City, New York (Manhattan Plastic Surgery Center).
Working with a team of highly qualified and experienced medical and professional staff, he performs a complete range of plastic surgery procedures for both men and women, including facelift, rhinoplasty, necklift, FFS surgery, liposuction, breast implants, cheek implants, Asian eyelid double fold surgery, and more. He makes certain that patients receive the finest care possible, and his priority is ensuring that one’s plastic surgery is safe and that results are natural.
“The key to achieving a great plastic surgery result is by listening to my patient’s concerns, careful planning, and meticulous surgery. From pre-surgery planning to final recovery, I will always provide you with the most open and honest information to serve your best interests. I strive to make your journey in achieving your desired goals as easy as possible. We will never make you feel pressured into making decisions, but will guide you to making the best choices, ultimately achieving the best possible outcomes” expressed Dr. Lee.
Triple board-certified, he focuses on quality advanced facial cosmetic plastic surgery. With this in mind, he accentuates pre-operative education, intra-operative technique, and post-operative comfort. Essential to this idea is the treatment of the patient as an individual, tailoring care to the patient’s specific needs.
Trained to the highest possible standards in facial plastic surgery and reconstructive surgery, Dr. Lee has gained world-wide recognition in his field. His patients not only trust his professional judgement and extensive experience, they feel cared for as individuals.
Among his other appointments, he is an attending surgeon at Hollywood Presbyterian Medical Center, and a Clinical Instructor within the Department of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery, Division of Facial Plastic Surgery at the University of Southern California School of Medicine.
After graduating with his Bachelor of Science degree from Tufts University, Dr. Lee went on to earn his medical degree from New York Medical College in 1992. Upon graduation, he served his residencies in general surgery and otolaryngology – head & neck surgery at Mount Sinai Medical Center. Furthering his education, he performed a one-year fellowship in facial plastic and reconstructive surgery at The Lasky Clinic in Beverly Hills.
He continued his studies in the areas of cosmetic surgery through live surgery workshops, various certification courses and hands on training programs. He continually seeks out new advances and regularly attends training courses all in an effort to be at the forefront in providing his patients with what he feels are medically sound procedures to enhance their beauty.
Before opening his private plastic surgery practices, Dr. Lee spent nearly 18 years pursuing medical and surgical training, including a focus on the human face. In addition to studying head and neck surgery, and facial plastic and reconstructive surgery, he also received a Doctor of Medicine in Dentistry degree and completed a residency in oral and maxillo-facial surgery.
His impressive background also includes a triple board certification by the American Board of Facial Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery, the American Board of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery, the American Board of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery. As a result of this varied and extensive training, Dr. Lee has helped thousands of patients with unique and often difficult facial surgical procedures such as bone contouring and silicone removal.
Remaining abreast of the latest advancements in his field, Dr. Lee is an Overseas Fellow of the Royal Society of Medicine, an Associate Fellow of the American Society of Cosmetic Breast Surgery, a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons, a Fellow of the American Academy of Otolaryngology – Head & Neck Surgery, a Fellow of the American Association of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons, a Fellow of the American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery, and a Life Fellow of the International Biographical Association (Cambridge, England).
Additionally, he is a member of the American Academy of Facial Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery, the American Society of Liposuction Surgery, the American Institute of Plastic Surgeons, the Southern California Chapter of the American College of Surgeons, the California Academy of Cosmetic Surgery, and the California Society of Facial Plastic Surgery.
Serving as a principal investigator for various research programs, Dr. Lee is a mentor of the Gel TM Breast Implant Post Approval Study, the Adjunct Study for Silicone Gel-Filled Mammary Prosthesis, and the McGhan Medical Corporation Silicone-Filled Breast Implant Adjunct Clinical Study.
Plastic surgery is a surgical specialty involving the restoration, reconstruction, or alteration of the human body. It can be divided into two main categories – reconstructive surgery and cosmetic surgery. A plastic surgeon’s primary responsibility is performing surgical and non-surgical procedures, and they use a variety of reparative and reconstructive techniques to get the job done.
Highly respected and regarded among patients and peers, alike, Dr. Lee was voted “Top Physician” for three consecutive years by the Consumers’ Research Education Council, has a number of national and international presentations and publications to his credit, and has earned the respect of many elite medical practitioners. Because of his unique background in medicine and dentistry, he has a profound appreciation for the facial form and excels in providing his patients with natural-looking results from facial plastic surgery.
- Are There Risks to Plastic Surgery?
Few things in the medical procedures world are risk free. If you factor in human error, bad judgment on the side of the patient and the surgeon, you get potentially bad results that could result in someone regretting the decisions made.Plastic surgery is not risk free. It carries its own risks and...
- What Are the Risks of Blepharoplasty?
Blepharoplasty (Eyelid Surgery)One of the most carried out cosmetic surgery today is blepharoplasty. Sometimes, it is also performed for medical reasons. If your field of vision is blocked due to a sagging eyelid skin, then you might need an eyelid surgery. The primary goal of the surgery is to...
- What Are the Risks of Breast Augmentation?
A majority of women do not have any severe complications after having breast implants or undergoing a breast augmentation surgery, although some do. An understanding of the possible risks and how to care for your implants is therefore very crucial.Since the decision on having a plastic surgery is...
- How Effective is Laser Hair Removal?
Unwanted hair is a common cause of distress for both men and women. Many options are available for removing hair, including waxing, shaving, and tweezing. Laser hair removal is a popular cosmetic procedure in which a concentrated beam of light is focused onto the hair follicles and ultimately...
- What to Expect After Blepharoplasty
Blepharoplasty, in simple terms, means the surgery of the eyelid(s). It is performed on either the lower or the upper eyelid. Sometimes, blepharoplasty is also performed on both eyelids (the lower and the upper one). The two major reasons people opt for eyelid surgery are:...
- Do I Need DHEA Supplements?
DHEA supplements have a multitude of uses, depending on what the individual wants to improve on or in his or her body. These supplements can be used for building muscles, it can be used as an anti-aging supplement, and it can even be used to aid general health conditions. Yet, what is DHEA? Are DHEA...