Dr. Edgar Espana is an ophthalmologist practicing in Cleveland, OH. Dr. Espana specializes in eye and vision care. As an ophthalmologist, Dr. Espana can practice medicine as well as surgery. Opthalmologists can perform surgeries because they have their medical degrees along with at least eight years of additional training. Dr. Espana can diagnose and treat diseases, perform eye operations and prescribe eye glasses and contacts. Ophthalmologists can also specialize even further in a specific area of eye care.
Education and Training
Universidad Javeriana 1996
OphthalmologyAmerican Board of OphthalmologyABO
- Amniotic membrane transplantation for reconstruction after excision of large
- Anaplasma marginale. I. Studies with phase contrast and electron microscopy.
- Corneal stromal changes following reconstruction by ex vivo expanded limbal epithelial cells in rabbits with total limbal stem cell deficiency.
- Clinical characteristics of conjunctivochalasis with or without aqueous tear deficiency.
- Correlation of long term phenotypic and clinical outcomes following limbal epithelial transplantation cultivated on amniotic membrane in rabbits.
- Rat enterocyte cultures on human amniotic membranes.
- Keratolimbal allograft in corneal reconstruction.
- Urrets-Zavalia syndrome as a complication of argon laser peripheral iridoplasty.
- Corneal stroma regeneration in felines after supradescemetic keratoprosthesis implantation.
- A newly designed glaucoma drainage implant made of poly(styrene-b-isobutylene-b-styrene): biocompatibility and function in normal rabbit eyes.
- Estimation of intraocular pressure in rabbits with commonly used tonometers.
- Baerveldt glaucoma implant insertion in the posterior chamber sulcus.
- Cyclodialysis cleft secondary to removal of an anterior chamber phakic intraocular lens.
- Bilateral prominent schwalbe ring in the anterior chamber in a patient with axenfeld-rieger syndrome and megalocornea.
- Agreement between optical coherence tomography and digital stereophotography in
- Confocal microscopy study of donor-recipient interface after Descemet's stripping with endothelial keratoplasty.
- Long-term follow-up of a supradescemetic keratoprosthesis in rabbits: an immunofluorescence study.
- An enzymatic technique to facilitate air separation of the stroma-Descemet's membrane junction.
- Modulation transfer function and optical quality after bilateral implantation of a +3.00 D versus a +4.00 D multifocal intraocular lens.
- Strategies of human corneal endothelial tissue regeneration.
- Abnormal corneal endothelial maturation in collagen XII and XIV null mice.
- Existence of Corneal Endothelial Slow-Cycling Cells.
- Cataract surgery in patients with chronic severe graft-versus-host disease.
- Ophthalmology Residents William C Edwards Excellence in Teaching Award
- Glaucoma, Cancer, Anterior Segment Eye Disorders And More
- Fellow American Academy of Ophthalmology
- Ophthalmology, Colombia National University, Bogota 2001
- Univ Nacional de Colombia 1998
- University of Mississippi Medical Center 2006
- GLAUCOMA CLINICAL FELLOW, THE NEW YORK EYE AND EAR INFIRMARY, NEW YORK, NY 2005
- CORNEA AND REFRACTIVE SURGERY, COLE EYE INSTITUTE, CLEVELAND CLINIC, CLEVELAND, OH 2010
- Cornea. Disease, Cleveland Clinic - Cole Eye Institute, Clevland, OH - 2011.
- Glaucoma, The New York Eye and Ear Infirmary, New York, NY - 2006. Research, Bascom Palmer Eye Institute & Ocular Surface Research Founda, Miami, FL - 2005. Research, Bascom Palmer Eye Institute, Miami, FL - 2004.
- Scheffer C G Tseng, MD PhD, Cornea/External Disease 2001
- Bascom Palmer Eye Institute, Glaucoma 2004
Dr. Edgar M Espana M. D.'s Practice location
Cleveland, OH 44195Get Direction
Tampa, FL 33612Get Direction
TAMPA, FL 33612Get Direction
Cleveland, OH 44195Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. Edgar M Espana M. D. | Ophthalmologist
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Edgar M Espana M. D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Espana
- Everything You Need to Know About Lasik Eye Surgery
Nearsightedness or myopia, farsightedness or hyperopia and astigmatism or blurred vision are collectively referred as refractive disorders which commonly affect the eyes. They occur as a consequence of disease, injury or progressive aging. The weakening of the eye lens and lengthening or shortening...
- What is Blepharitis?
What is Blepharitis?Blepharitis is the inflammation of the eyelids, usually affecting both of the eyelids where eyelashes grow.The inflammation of the eyelids is often a chronic medical condition, which is very hard to treat. Blepharitis is a condition that does not affect vision. It is also not...
- Eye Twitching: Symptoms and Solutions
Eye twitching is the repetitive, involuntary blinking or spasm of the upper eyelid. Also known as blepharospasm, twitching affects the muscles of both eyes. Some of the most common causes of eye twitching include fatigue, stress, and caffeine. Twitching is usually painless and goes away on its own...
- What Is Giant Papillary Conjunctivitis (GPC): Get the Facts
Giant papillary conjunctivitis (GPC) is also known as contact lens-induced papillary conjunctivitis (CLPC) because it is the most common symptom with people who wear contact lenses. GPC forms small nodules on the inner side of the eyelids as a result of foreign body irritation. Moreover, people who...
- Pink Eye vs. Allergies
IntroductionThe eye is one of the sensitive parts of the body, and it easily gets affected by any irritants such as microbes. Eyes turning red would be due to not getting enough sleep or not blinking enough in a day. In certain cases, it can also be a sign of some kind of infection or...
- What Is Tay-Sachs Disease?
IntroductionTay-Sachs disease is a genetic disorder that affects the brain's nerve cells. Individuals who have this disorder lacks a type of protein that is needed to break down fatty substances in the brain. Without this protein, fatty substances accumulate in the brain to toxic levels, which...
- Dr. Carl F. Asseff M.D., J.D.6595 Brecksville Road Independence Ohio 44131
- Dr. Edward N Burney MD11100 Euclid Ave Cleveland OH 44106
- Dr. Atif Collins M.D.915 Olentangy River Rd Columbus OH 43212
- Dr. Darrell White MD2237 Crocker Rd Westlake OH 44145
- Dr. Michael Prokopius MD, MBA2500 Metrohealth Dr Cleveland OH 44109
- Dr. Robert Martin Stern M.D.29101 Health Campus Dr Westlake OH 44145