Dr. Ulas Mehmet Camsari M.D.
Psychiatrist | Psychiatry12301 Whitewater Dr 101 Minnetonka MN, 55343
Dr. Ulas Camsari is a psychiatrist practicing in Minnetonka, MN. Dr. Camsari is a medical doctor specializing in the care of mental health patients. As a psychiatrist, Dr. Camsari diagnoses and treats mental illnesses. Dr. Camsari may treat patients through a variety of methods including medications, psychotherapy or talk therapy, psychosocial interventions and more, depending on each individual case. Different medications that a psychiatrist might prescribe include antidepressants, antipsychotic mediations, mood stabilizers, stimulants, sedatives and hypnotics. Dr. Camsari treats conditions like depression, anxiety, OCD, eating disorders, bipolar disorders, personality disorders, insomnia, ADD and other mental illnesses.
Education and Training
Cleveland Clinic Adult Psychiatry 2011
University of Maryland Consultation Psychiatry 2012
Mayo Clinic Addiction Psychiatry 2013
Johns Hopkins Hospital Child Psychiatry 2009
American Board of Addiction Medicine
American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology
Addiction Psychiatry (Psychiatry and Neurology)
Psychosomatic Medicine (Psychiatry and Neurology)
Expert PublicationsData provided by the National Library of Medicine
- Effect of acute and chronic exercise on oxidant-antioxidant equilibrium in rat hippocampus, prefrontal cortex and striatum.
- Carnosine attenuates oxidative stress and apoptosis in transient cerebral ischemia in rats.
- Positive effects of aerobic exercise on learning and memory functioning, which correlate with hippocampal IGF-1 increase in adolescent rats.
- Motivations of medical students towards psychiatry: a perspective from Turkey.
- Attenuation of ethanol withdrawal by ceftriaxone-induced upregulation of glutamate transporter EAAT2.
- Effects of carbon dioxide exposure on early brain development in rats.
- Potential novel biomarkers for diabetic testicular damage in streptozotocin-induced diabetic rats: nerve growth factor Beta and vascular endothelial growth factor.
- Effects of voluntary and involuntary exercise on cognitive functions, and VEGF and BDNF levels in adolescent rats.
- Lateral hypothalamic kindling induces manic-like behavior in rats: a novel animal
- Exercise increases leptin levels correlated with IGF-1 in hippocampus and prefrontal cortex of adolescent male and female rats.
- Small-Town America's Despair: Infected Substance Users Needing Outpatient Parenteral Therapy and Risk Stratification.
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Assistant Professor of Psychiatry Mayo Clinic College of Medicine 2014 - 2020
- Assistant Professor of Psychiatry Medical College of Georgia 2015 - 2016
Dr. Ulas Mehmet Camsari M.D.'s Practice location
Minnetonka, MN 55343Get Direction
Dr. Ulas Mehmet Camsari M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Camsari
- What Is Akathisia: Causes, Symptoms, and Treatment
What is akathisia?Akathisia is a feeling of anxiety or restlessness. Its symptoms tend to overlap with the symptoms of other physical and psychological disorders. The diagnosis depends on a very subjective feeling of restlessness. Hence, recognizing akathisia can be somewhat tricky. Movement...
- Xanax: Side Effects, Withdrawal Symptoms, & the Safe Way to Get Off the Drug
Xanax is a medication used to treat patients suffering from panic disorders, anxiety, and depression due to anxiety. Xanax is a part of the drug family or class benzodiazepines.Effects of this drug usually start within twenty-five minutes of taking it and provide relief for up to a few hours....
- What Are the Treatment Options for ADHD?
Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) may affect different aspects of life, including personality, work, and relationships. Getting the right treatment is crucial in managing ADHD. Many studies have been conducted to investigate the efficacy of different treatment options for ADHD. Two...
- What Are Delusions: Types, Risks, Diagnosis, and Treatment
What are delusions?Delusions are untrue and unrealistic beliefs of a person. A delusion separates the person from reality and imagination. It was previously known as "paranoid disorder", which is a type of serious mental disorder. People with this disorder usually experience delusions associated...
- What Is Lou Gehrig's Disease?
IntroductionLou Gehrig's disease is a neurodegenerative disorder that affects the brain and spinal cord. It is also called as amyotrophic lateral sclerosis or ALS. It is a progressive disorder that leads to the loss of voluntary muscle control in the body. This disorder often affects the...
- What Are Hallucinations?
In psychiatry, hallucinations are defined as a perception experienced in the absence of an external stimulus to the corresponding sense organ. In simple terms, hallucinations are when people see, hear, feel, smell, or taste things that really don’t exist outside of their minds. For a...
- Dr. Faruk Said Abuzzahab M.D., PHD3100 W Lake St Minneapolis Minnesota 55416
- Dr. Sujit R Varma MD4444 West 76th St Edina MN 55435
- L. Read Sulik1934 Hennepin Ave Minneapolis Minnesota 55403
- Nancy Kermath Minnesota 55403
- Dr. Alex Uspensky MD5851 DULUTH STREET GOLDEN VALLEY MN 55422
- Lee H. Beecher6600 Excelsior Blvd. St. Louis Park Minnesota 55426