Dr. Marc G Schecter M.D.
Pulmonologist (Pediatric) | Pediatric Pulmonology3333 Burnet Ave Ml 2021 Cincinnati OH, 45229
Dr. Schecter is actively engaged in clinical research within the pediatric lung transplant program. He is currently the on site Principal Investigator on an NIH-sponsored multi-center study examining ...
Education and Training
Univ of Tx Med Branch Galveston, Galveston Tx 2000
Texas A&M University, TX 2000
PediatricsAmerican Board of PediatricsABP- Pediatric Pulmonology
- BK virus-associated hemorrhagic cystitis in a pediatric lung transplant recipient.
- Lung transplantation in a patient with a thrombophilic disorder.
- Management of the pediatric organ donor to optimize lung donation.
- Re: Lung transplantation in older patients with cystic fibrosis: analysis of UNOS data.
- Cerebral aspergillosis caused by Aspergillus granulosus.
- Serum KL-6 level and the development of bronchiolitis obliterans syndrome in lung transplant recipients.
- Bilateral lung transplantation for pediatric idiopathic pulmonary arterial hypertension: a multi-center experience.
- Lung transplantation for childhood diffuse lung disease.
- Decline in 25% to 75% forced expiratory flow as an early predictor of chronic airway rejection in pediatric lung transplant recipients.
- Lung transplantation in children following bone marrow transplantation: a multi-center experience.
- Changes in body composition after lung transplantation in children.
- Birth Defects
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (copd)
- Cystic Fibrosis (cf)
- Univ Tx Med Sch At Houston, Pediatric Pulmonology; Univ Tx Med Sch At Houston, Pediatrics
- University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston Program
Dr. Marc G Schecter M.D.'s Practice location
Cincinnati, OH 45229Get Direction
Dr. Marc G Schecter M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Schecter
- What is Lung Cancer? Get the Facts
The Nature of Cancerous CellsEvery cell in the human body is programmed to carry out a specific role. For example, a red blood cell carries oxygen to tissues, a white blood cell wards off infection, and an intestinal cell absorbs nutrients in the digestive tract. All these cells are programmed to...
- What Is an Antitussive?
A cough is described as a sudden explosive exhalation of air. It is basically a body's defense mechanism to protect and clear the airways from inhaled foreign materials. People may also voluntarily or spontaneously cough. Coughs often vary and may be characterized by productive (chesty or wet) or...
- Pneumonia: Are There Multiple Types?
What is pneumonia?Pneumonia is an acute lung infection that causes inflammation of the air sacs in either one or both lungs. The air sacs get filled with fluid or pus, making it difficult for the affected person to properly breathe. Individuals who have contracted the infection usually cough and...
- Is it Lung Cancer or COPD?
Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) and lung cancer are two ends of the same spectrum. Though vastly different in core characteristics, they share many symptoms such as painful wheezing, a persistent cough, and the production of copious mucus. Both these diseases have similar causes and...
- Children Who Have Low Levels of Vitamin D Are at Risk for Infection
A new study has shown that infants who are 3-months-old and have vitamin D levels lower than 25 nanomoles per liter (nmol/L) are two times more likely to have respiratory infections, when compared to children who have levels above 75 nmol/L. In this study, published in the journal Pediatrics,...
- Asthmatic Bronchitis: Symptoms, Causes, and Treatments
IntroductionEvery time you inhale, air enters your nose and mouth, and then flows down the throat through the air passageways called as bronchial tubes. For the air to reach the lungs, these passageways need to be open. To transport the oxygen to the tissues of the body, oxygen is passed into the...
- Dr. Christopher Thomas Towe M.D.3333 BURNET AVE CINCINNATI OH 45229
- Dr. Mathew D Ednick D.O.3333 Burnet Ave Cincinnati OH 45229
- Dr. Neepa Suresh Gurbani D.O.3333 Burnet Ave Cincinnati OH 45229
- Dr. Eman Ansari M.D., M.P.H.3333 Burnet Ave Cincinnati OH 45229
- Dr. Joseph C Piccione D.O.3333 Burnet Ave Cincinnati OH 45229
- Dr. Ronald E Bokulic DO3333 Burnet Ave Cincinnati OH 45229