Dr. Patrick Francis Allan M.D.
Pulmonologist | Pulmonary DiseaseWilford Hall Medical Center Lackland TX, 78236
Dr. Patrick Allan practices Pulmonology in Lackland, TX. A pulmonologist is a physician who possesses specialized knowledge and skill in the diagnosis and treatment of pulmonary conditions and diseases. Dr. Allan manages patients who need life support and mechanical ventilation, and is specially trained in diseases and conditions of the chest, particularly pneumonia, asthma, tuberculosis, emphysema, and complicated chest infections.
- Progressive vocal cord dysfunction subsequent to a chlorine gas exposure.
- Corrective measures for compromised oxygen delivery during endotracheal tube cuff deflation with high-frequency percussive ventilation.
- Randomized placebo controlled assessment of airway inflammation due to racemic albuterol and levalbuterol via exhaled nitric oxide testing.
- Feasibility study of noninvasive ventilation with helium-oxygen gas flow for
- High-frequency percussive ventilation: pneumotachograph validation and tidal volume analysis.
- Complete sequence and phylogenetic characterisation of Crimean-Congo hemorrhagic fever virus from Afghanistan.
- Transportable extracorporeal lung support for rescue of severe respiratory failure in combat casualties.
- Vocal cord dysfunction related to combat deployment.
Dr. Patrick Francis Allan M.D.'s Practice location
Lackland, TX 78236Get Direction
Dayton, OH 45415Get Direction
Dr. Patrick Francis Allan M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Allan
- What Are the Treatment Options Available for Bronchitis?
Bronchitis is a condition that occurs due to the inflammation of the bronchial tubes. There are two types of bronchitis: acute and chronic. Acute bronchitis is usually caused by a viral infection or in some cases, 10 percent by a bacterial infection. Chronic bronchitis, on the other hand, is a...
- What Causes Lung Cancer?
Lung cancer is the unsuppressed growth of cells in the tissues of the lungs. Such a condition leads to a tumor (malignant) which may spread (by metastasis) to different organs of the body if not treated in time. Cancer of the lung at the primary stage is also known as carcinoma. The two types of...
- Why Is the Average Cystic Fibrosis Lifespan Longer in Canada than in the United States?
The developed world has seen a strong increase in both the lifespan and quality of life for individuals diagnosed with cystic fibrosis. In both the United States and Canada, better treatment options and earlier diagnosis have made living with the chronic illness much more manageable.Interestingly,...
- Causes and Treatment for Dry Cough
IntroductionA dry cough is a type of cough that does not accompany the production of mucus or phlegm. Most cases of dry cough are caused by certain allergic reactions from allergens, such as pollutants, dust, or toxins. The body usually tries to expel these irritants by coughing it out. In some...
- What Is Cyanosis and Why Does It Occur?
IntroductionCyanosis is the medical term for a bluish discoloration of the skin, nails, toes, and mucous membranes. It is generally caused by low levels of oxygen in the blood. Normally, blood appears bright red when it is fully oxygenated. However, when blood does not have enough oxygen, it turns...
- Allergic Bronchitis
What is allergic bronchitis?Bronchitis is an inflammation of the inner lining of the bronchial tubes usually due to a viral infection of the upper respiratory tract. Bronchitis itself can be acute when the signs and symptoms last no longer than 10 days, and chronic when the signs and symptoms tend...
- Dr. Delano S. Fabro D.O.2200 BERGQUIST DR Lackland TX 78236
- Dr. Stephen S. Im M.D.12709 Toepperwein Rd San Antonio TX 78233
- Dr. Luis F Angel MD7979 Wurzbach Rd San Antonio TX 78229
- Dr. Jason Stamm M.D.2200 Berquist Drive Lackland TX 78236
- Dr. Carlos Raul Orozco M.D.415 Camden St San Antonio TX 78215
- Dr. Peter S. Fornos MD311 Camden St San Antonio TX 78215