Jacobo Santolaya, MD
Gastroenterologist (Pediatric) | Pediatric Gastroenterology1935 Medical District Dr Dallas TX, 75235
Dr. Jacobo Santolaya is a Pediatric Gastroenterologist practicing in Dallas, TX. Dr. Santolaya is a doctor who specializes in the health care of children and particularly those with gastrointestinal and liver disease. As a pediatrician and pedicatric gastroenterologist, Dr. Santolaya diagnoses and treats infections, injuries, diseases and other disorders in children. Pediatricians typically work with infants, children, teenagers and young adults up to age 21 and manage the physical, mental and emotional health of their patients. They practice medical care, preventative health care and as a pediatric gastroenterologist, are also trained in a wide range of procedures including endoscopies and colonoscopies to diagnose and treat gastrointestinal diseases such as inflamatory bowel disease, celiac disease, pancreatic disorders and liver disease.
Education and Training
University of Texas at Austin BA 2011
Rutgers - RWJ Medical School MD 2016
Childrens Hospital of Philadel Residency Training 2019
UT Southwestern Medical Center Completion of GI Fellowship 2022
American Board of Pediatrics
Expert PublicationsData provided by the National Library of Medicine
- Acute changes in the embryonic heart rate: a response to environmental challenges?
- Candidate biomarkers for acute rejection of pregnancy after in-utero cell-based therapy in pre-immune embryos via ultrasound-guided celocentesis.
- Screening for Down syndrome in dichorionic twin pregnancies conceived by in vitro fertilization (IVF): a clinical pilot study to confirm the laboratory methods.
- Risk factors for perinatal mortality in patients admitted to the hospital with the diagnosis of placental abruption.
- Ebola viral infection in pregnancy: a plea for specific clinical recommendations.
- A pressing need for culturally relevant preconception programs for obese patients in the USA.
- The Microbiota and Transgenomic Networks: Potential Implications for Maternal-Fetal Medicine.
- Association of histological chorioamnionitis and magnesium sulfate treatment in singleton and dichorionic twin pregnancies with preterm premature rupture of membranes: preliminary observations.
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Pediatric Gastroenterology Fellow UT Southwestern Medical Center 2019 - Present
- Distinction in Research 2012 Department of OB/GYN at Robert Wood Johnson Medical School
- Distinction in Research 2013 Department of OB/GYN at Robert Wood Johnson Medical School
- Volunteer Award 2014 Department of OB/GYN at Robert Wood Johnson Medical School
- Outstanding Advocate Achievement 2019 Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia Community Pediatrics & Advocacy Program for Senior Residency Advocacy Project
- Recipient of Ruth L. Kirschstein Institutional National Research Service Award (T32) 2020 National Institute of Health (NIH)
- Alpha Omega Alpha (AOA) medical honor society
- Gold Humanism Honor Society
- The American Academy of Pediatrics
- North American Society for Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition
- American Academy of Pediatrics (2016-Present)North American Society of Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition (NASPGHAN) (2019-Present)
Areas of research
Systemic Inflammation in pregnancy and effects on the developing fetus
Quality improvement in measuring physician burn out in Pediatric Residency
Quality improvement in interactions between physician's and their patients/patient's family
Pediatric Inflammatory Bowel Disease
Role of colonic enteroendocrine cells in weight and glycemic control
Jacobo Santolaya, MD's Practice location
Dallas, TX 75235Get Direction
- Low-Calorie Diets Control Arthritis
Obesity is one of the most common factors that increases the risk of knee arthritis. Pressure on the knees can be reduced considerably if the individual loses weight and it is often recommended for people who have this condition. However, for some people, it is difficult to lose those extra...
- Everything You Need to Know About Romance When You Have Cystic Fibrosis
24 year old Brad Dell is a young man who is deaf and living with cystic fibrosis. In January of 2017, he received a double lung transplant from the University of California, San Francisco. When Dell is not testing out his new lungs with active physical activity or reading comic books, he is writing...
- The Benefits of Buckwheat
Buckwheat is not actually a wheat. Although it is a whole grain it is neither a grain or a cereal. Similar to quinoa, buckwheat is derived from the seeds of a flowering plant. It is naturally gluten free making it a great ingredient in many dishes and smoothies. Buckwheat originated in the...
- Alternative Treatments for Ovarian Cancer
We already know how dangerous ovarian cancer can be. Regarding this disease, it’s very important to be diagnosed in the early stages, because there are better chances that the cancer will be cured. There are four cancer stages and as we said, the first one is the least dangerous one. Same goes for...
- Treatment for Diabetes
Diabetes is a common disease, but it may turn extremely chronic if left untreated without taking necessary precautions. Thus, every individual needs to offer unique care towards their health. It is recommended that diabetic patients and their families increase their awareness with respect to the...
- Allergies and Sleep Apnea: The Connection?
Every spring and fall, allergies hit with a vengeance. Allergic reactions interfere with normal healthy sleep. You wake up with nasal congestion, dry mouth, and you have blocked breathing airways during the night. Waking up with blocked breathing passages during sleep are apneas. Such breathing...
- Dr. Rinarani Sanghavi M.D.5323 HARRY HINES BLVD DALLAS TX 75390
- Dr. Sabina A Ali MD1935 Motor St Dallas TX 75235
- Dr. Naveen Kumar Mittal MD5323 Harry Hines Blvd Dallas TX 75390
- Dr. Bradley Alan Barth MD5323 Harry Hines Blvd Dallas TX 75390
- Dr. Andrew Philip Feranchak MD5323 Harry Hines Blvd Dallas TX 75390
- Dr. Jae-koo An M.D.7777 Forest Ln Dallas TX 75230