Dr. Sumeet K. Tewani MD
Hepatologist | Hepatology330 Brookline Ave Deaconess 300 Boston MA, 02215
Dr. Sumeet Tewani is a hepatologist practicing in Boston, MA. Dr. Tewani specializes in the study of body parts such as the liver, the biliary tree, the gallbladder and the pancreas. Hepatologists manage disorders in these areas and are specifically known for treating viral hepatitis. Patients who have received liver transplants also follow up with hepatologists after their procedure.
- Bile Duct Procedure
- Endoscopy (esophagus, Stomach, Small Intestine)
- ERCP (Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopancreatography)
- Gastroenterology Procedures
- Liver Biopsy
- Endoscopic Ultrasound with Fine Needle Aspiration (FNA)/Biopsy
- Radiofrequency Ablation (RFA) for Barrett’s Esophagus (Barrx™)
- Ebdoscopic Mucosal Resection
- Endoscopic Pancreatic Fluid Drainage and Tissue Deb-ridement (Necrosectomy)
- Spyglass™ Cholangioscopy and Electohydraulic Lithotripsy (EHL)
- Pneumatic Dilation for Achalasia
- Ambulatory pH Monitoring (Bravo© pH)
- Argon Plasma Coagulation (APC)
- Video Capsule Endoscopy (VCE) of the Small Intenstine
- Fecal Microbiota Transplant (FMT) for Chronic C. Difficile Infection
- PEG Tube Placement (Endoscopic Feeding Tube)
Dr. Sumeet K. Tewani MD's Practice location
Boston, MA 02215Get Direction
ROCKFORD, IL 61107Get Direction
Dr. Sumeet K. Tewani MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Tewani
- How Alcohol Abuse Can Influence Liver Cancer
Alcohol, what really is alcohol? From the scientific point of view, it is an organic compound. In this case, we look at it as a beverage made through the process of sugar fermentation. Alcohol can be highly intoxicating. Alcohol abuse entails the recurrent and harmful usage of alcohol.Alcohol abuse...
- What Are the Causes and Symptoms of Liver Cirrhosis?
Cirrhosis is attributed to an abnormal condition which causes a scarring of the liver that damages the functioning of the liver considerably. There are a number of factors that can result in the cirrhosis of the liver such as consuming excessive alcohol, viral hepatitis, other liver disease and so...
- Can Mononucleosis Affect My Liver?
Mononucleosis (mono) is not typically a serious disease, but it may lead to serious complications. Mononucleosis results from the Epstein-Barr virus (EBV) that belongs to the herpes family. This virus is so common that most adults in their thirties have already developed immunity against it. The...
- What Are the Signs and Symptoms of Liver Cancer?
Liver cancer is a condition that is characterized by the abnormal or cancerous growth of liver cells. Liver cells are also called as hepatocytes. Hence, liver cancer can also be called as hepatocellular cancer. Although other cell types can become cancerous, the most common cause of liver cancer is...
- Can Hepatitis A Impact Your Quality of Life?
Hepatitis is the swelling of the liver, and this condition can be mostly curable but certain cases lead to fibrosis, liver cancer or complete liver failure. Hepatitis viruses are one of the leading sources of hepatitis, but other infections and substances like alcohol and drugs can also cause...
- Hepatitis: 5 Ways You Can Contract This Disease
In 1990s hepatitis was considered as a widespread health problem. About 1.4 million people all over the world get hepatitis A annually. It has been estimated that in parts of Asia and Africa, approximately one in ten people suffers from chronic Hepatitis B. Hepatitis is a condition which involves...
- Dr. Raza Malik MD, PHD110 Francis Street Boston Massachusetts 02215
- Dr. Nezam H Afdhal M.D.Bidmc Boston MA 02215
- Dr. Diarmuid Sean Manning M.D.110 Francis St Boston MA 02215
- Dr. Sanjiv Chopra M.D.401 Park Dr Boston MA 02215
- Dr. Michelle J Lai M.D.110 Francis St Boston MA 02215
- Dr. Edward Williams Holt MDMassachusetts General Hospital Boston MA 02114