Dr. Aliessa Phipps Barnes MD
Cardiologist (Pediatric) | Pediatric Cardiology5323 Harry Hines Blvd Dallas TX, 75390
Dr. Aliessa Barnes is a pediatric cardiologist practicing in Dallas, TX. Dr. Barnes specializes in caring for fetuses, infants, children and adolescents with cardiovascular or cardiac abnormalities. Practiced in both inpatient and outpatient settings, the scope of conditions cared for by pediatric cardiologists is large and includes congenital heart defects, heart muscle disorders, rhythm disturbances and hypertension.
PediatricsAmerican Board of PediatricsABP- Pediatric Cardiology
- Univ Tx Southwestern Med Sch, Pediatrics
Dr. Aliessa Phipps Barnes MD's Practice location
Dallas, TX 75390Get Direction
KANSAS CITY, MO 64108Get Direction
Dr. Aliessa Phipps Barnes MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Barnes
- Newborn Diagnosis: Tetralogy of Fallot
Tetralogy of FallotTetralogy of Fallot is a congenital heart defect, which affects the heart’s structure, causing blood with low levels of oxygen to circulate throughout the body. Babies born with tetralogy of Fallot tend to have a blue discoloration of the skin due to low oxygen levels in their...
- Different Types of Heart Doctors Explained
IntroductionDoctors who specialize in the diagnosis and treatment of conditions or diseases of the cardiovascular system (the heart and blood vessels) are called heart doctors or cardiologists. These specialists are trained to identify, treat, and help prevent heart issues. There are also different...
- What is Kawasaki Disease?
Kawasaki disease is a rare childhood disease that causes inflammation of the arteries in the body. The characteristic symptoms of the disease, which is high fever and peeling skin, remains for almost a week. In most cases, it gets back to normal without any major issues. Children will be monitored...
- What Is Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy? Causes, Symptoms, and Treatment
Muscular dystrophies are a group of diseases that make the muscles of the body weaker over a period of time. The muscles become less flexible in this condition. Out of the nine types of muscular dystrophy, Duchenne muscular dystrophy is one of the most common.The main characteristics of this medical...
- Congenital Heart Defects
Surgical treatment is the most appropriate option for inborn heart defects, which is not something you can put off.What is a congenital heart defect (CHD)?It is combined damage of the heart muscle in which there are structural deformations and anomalies in the inner chamber partitions, as well as...
- Muscular Dystrophy: Telling a Child the Truth About His/Her Condition
Muscular dystrophy is a category of muscle diseases that cause progressive weakness and loss of muscle mass. Muscular dystrophy (MD) is either inherited or can be due to a genetic mutation. Kids with MD usually follow a normal pattern of growth development in the first few years of their lives,...
- Dr. Thomas Michael Zellers MD5323 Harry Hines Blvd Dallas TX 75390
- Dr. Matthew Stuart Lemler MD5323 Harry Hines Blvd Dallas TX 75390
- Dr. Sarah Deitrick Blumenschein MD5323 Harry Hines Blvd Dallas TX 75390
- Dr. Candace L Gibbin MD5323 Harry Hines Blvd Dallas TX 75390
- Dr. Colin Edward Kane M.D.5323 Harry Hines Blvd Dallas TX 75390
- Dr. Vasiliki Vivian Dimas MD5323 Harry Hines Blvd Dallas TX 75390