Dr. Mercedes C Amado M.D.
Allergist and Immunologist2401 Gillham Rd Kansas City MO, 64108
Dr. Mercedes Amado practices Allergy and Immunology care in Kansas City, MO. Dr. Amado specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of asthma and other allergic diseases. Allergist-Immunologists are trained and certified to treat each patients sensitivity and response to allergens of varying severity. Dr. Amado provides several means of testing and treatment to increase immunity to potentially harmful substances.
Education and Training
Univ of Mo, Columbia Sch of Med, Columbia Mo 1983
Allergy and ImmunologyAmerican Board of Allergy and ImmunologyABAI
PediatricsAmerican Board of PediatricsABP
DermatologyAmerican Board of DermatologyABD
- 2007-2009, 2007 Kansas City Super Doctors
- Asthma, Eczema (atopic Dermatitis)
- Children'S Mercy Hosp, Allergy And Immunology; Univ Fl Affil Hosps, Pediatrics; Shands Hosp At Univ Of Fl, Pediatrics
- University of Florida Health Science Center and Affiliated Hospitals
- Allergy & Immunology, KU Medical Center, Kansas City, KS 1988
- Pediatric Allergy & Immunology, Children's Mercy Hospitals and Clinics, Kansas City, MO 1988
Dr. Mercedes C Amado M.D.'s Practice location
Kansas City, MO 64108Get Direction
SAN DIEGO, CA 92123Get Direction
Dr. Mercedes C Amado M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Amado
- Prednisone Side Effects
PrednisonePrednisone is a corticosteroid, which prevents the release of substances in the body that lead to inflammation. It can also suppress the immune system. Prednisone can be used as an immunosuppressant or an anti-inflammatory drug. A number of conditions can be treated with prednisone. They...
- What to Expect After Immunotherapy
Immunotherapy involves using the body’s natural defenses in fighting against diseases. It usually involves the use of drugs that are made in a laboratory. The introduction of these foreign substances in the body to trigger a certain reaction will produce certain symptoms, which are termed as side...
- What is Anaphylaxis?
Anaphylaxis refers to a severe allergic response, which can become life threatening if not treated immediately. It is often characterized by swelling, sudden lowering of blood pressure, difficulty breathing, and dilation of blood vessels. In some severe cases, the person may go into a state of...
- Signs You Have a Penicillin Allergy
What is Penicillin?Penicillin is known to be one of the most commonly used antibiotics that is often prescribed by doctors. Penicillin belongs to the family of antibiotics that is known as beta-lactams.What is a Penicillin Allergy?A penicillin allergy would usually occur to an individual when the...
- Does the Treatment of Asthma Always Require an Inhaler?
Asthma is considered a common lung disorder in which inflammation causes the bronchi to swell and narrow the airways. Asthma is indiscriminant of any age group. It is a long term disease that has no cure but can be controlled by following the right dosage of medication, prescribed by a doctor or...
- How is Chicken Pox Diagnosed?
Chicken pox is a very serious viral disease that results from the varicella zoster virus. The most common sign and indicator of chicken pox is the blistering rash all over one's body. The symptoms are more evident during the cold season, and young children are to be vaccinated against the disease....
- Dr. Jeremy Eduard Baptist M.D., PH.D.6806 West 83rd Street Overland Park Kansas 66204
- Dr. Nguyen Pham Tran M.D.Ut College Of Medicine Memphis TN 38163
- Dr. Cynthia L Romito MD10550 Quivira Rd Lenexa KS 66215
- Dr. Scott J Frankel MD8675 College Blvd Overland Park KS 66210
- Dr. Christian C Willingham DO4401 Wornall Rd Kansas City MO 64111
- Dr. Neelam Aggarwal Other600 Nw Murray Rd Lees Summit MO 64081