Dr. Nabeel K Ahmed M.D.
Nephrologist (Kidney Specialist) | Nephrology1133 Medical Dr Tyler TX, 75701
Dr. Nabeel Ahmed is a nephrologist practicing in Tyler, TX. Dr. Ahmed specializes in the care and treatment of the kidneys. As a nephrologist, Dr. Ahmed most typically treats conditions like kidney stones, chronic kidney disease, acute renal failure, polycystuc kidney disease, high blood pressure and more. Nephrologists are also experts on kidney transplantation and dialysis. They are usually referred to by primary care physicians for problems related to the kidneys, and while they can perform tests to diagnose kidney disorders, they do not perform surgeries.
Education and Training
Allama Iqbal Med Coll- Univ Of Punjab- Lahore- Pakistan 1991
The University of Texas School of Medicine at San Antonio 1995
Allama Iqbal Medical College 1991
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
- Univ Tx Southwestern Med Sch, Nephrology; Univ Of Nv Sch Of Med, Internal Medicine
- University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston Program
Dr. Nabeel K Ahmed M.D.'s Practice location
Tyler, TX 75701Get Direction
Dr. Nabeel K Ahmed M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Ahmed
- What Could Dysuria Be Telling You?
What is dysuria?Dysuria is the medical term for painful urination or a burning sensation, discomfort, or difficulty when passing urine. In most cases, dysuria is a symptom of another medical condition. Males and females of any age can experience dysuria. However, this symptom is more common in...
- Polydipsia: Excessive Thirst Causes and Symptoms
What is polydipsia?Polydipsia is the medical term for excessive thirst. It is usually regarded as one of the initial symptoms of diabetes.It is normal to feel thirsty, especially after workouts and strenuous activities. It is quite important for people to drink the recommended amount of water per...
- What Causes Rhabdomyolysis?
Rhabdomyolysis is a condition in which the muscles are rapidly broken down resulting in the release of myoglobin — the muscle protein — into the blood. This is a rare condition, and the release of myoglobin into the blood can lead to damage of kidneys. It is mostly caused by muscle injury and...
- Furosemide Side Effects and How to Minimize Them
What is furosemide?Furosemide is an oral prescription medicine, which is available under the brand name Lasix. This drug is also available in its generic form. The generic version of the drug mostly costs less than the branded ones. Furosemide is considered as a water pill or a loop diuretic that...
- What is a Cluster Headache?
Headaches that recur two to three times during a short period of time are known as cluster headaches. This may last for few weeks, to months. These headaches often occur after sleep and recur throughout the day. It usually appears during the same time of the year, or season of the year. It may...
- What Is Rhabdomyolysis: Symptoms, Causes, Diagnosis, and Treatment
IntroductionRhabdomyolysis is a complex medical condition that involves a rapid destruction of the skeletal muscle tissues along with the release of muscle proteins and other muscle cell contents to leak outside of the cells and into the bloodstream. This leakage includes the following muscle...
- Dr. Charles O Orji MD1133 Medical Dr Tyler TX 75701
- Dr. Mingiziem Emiru MD1133 Medical Dr Tyler TX 75701
- Dr. Ifeatu Uchenna Oti MD2702 Navarre Ave Oregon OH 43616
- Dr. Molly May Bankhead M.D.700 S Fleishel Ave Tyler TX 75701
- Dr. Stephen D Pamatmat MD1133 Medical Dr Tyler TX 75701
- Dr. Aideloje A. Onime MD1133 Medical Dr Tyler TX 75701