Dr. Benjamin S Scharfstein M.D.
Surgeon1 Medical Park Blvd 250 West Bristol TN, 37620
Dr. Benjamin Scharfstein is a general surgeon practicing in Bristol, TN. Dr. Scharfstein specializes in abdominal contents including the esophagus, stomach, liver, gallbladder, pancreas and often thyroid glands. General surgeons are able to deal with almost any surgical or critical care emergency, also involving the skin or soft tissue trauma. Dr. Scharfstein provides quality surgical service for gravely ill or injured patients and is able to respond quickly due to knowledge of various surgical procedures.
Education and Training
Univ of Tn, Memphis, Coll of Med, Memphis Tn 1998
East Tennessee State University James H. Quillen College of Medicine 1998
SurgeryAmerican Board of SurgeryABS
- Cerebrovascular Disease
- Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm (aaa)
- Aortic Aneurysm
- Peripheral Artery Disease (pad)
- Vascular Disease
- E Tn U-J H Quillen Coll Med, General Surgery
- E Tn University J H Quillen College Med 1999
- East Tennessee State University Program
Dr. Benjamin S Scharfstein M.D.'s Practice location
Dr. Benjamin S Scharfstein M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Scharfstein
- Everything You Need to Know About a Hysterectomy
Within the pelvic cavity, two ovaries connect via the fallopian tubes to the centrally positioned uterus, creating the female reproductive system. These organs produce female growth hormones, release ova (eggs), control the menstrual cycle, and oversee pregnancy, gestation, and the birth of a baby....
- What Are the Most Obvious Symptoms of Appendicitis?
Appendicitis is a condition that causes the inflammation of the appendix. The appendix is a tube around 3½ inch long and extends from the large intestine. It is said that the appendix has a role in gut immunity, but nothing as yet is definite with regard to its function. An individual can live...
- What Are the Different Types of Hysterectomies?
Removing the womb or uterus surgically has always been an option for women troubled by severe bleeding, uncontrolled fibroid growth, painful endometriosis, and spreading cancer. Removing the source of the problem has been considered the best remedy for relieving these painful symptoms that...
- Are There Long Term Complications For A Cholecystectomy?
Cholecystectomy, that is removal of the gallbladder, is usually considered a safe operation, however there is a small risk of complications associated as is with all procedures. Most of the complications and risks carried by cholecystectomy are minimal and can be reversed or fixed. Long term...
- Incisional Hernia: Get the Facts
An incisional hernia arises when abdominal tissue begins to poke through a soft spot in the wall of the abdomen. This type of hernia only occurs as the result of the incision made in a prior abdominal surgery. An incisional hernia may be the result of poor healing, infection, or technical problems a...
- Sleep Apnea: What Are the Causes, Symptoms, and Treatment?
Sleep apnea is a very common but serious sleeping disorder, wherein your breathing gets briefly interrupted while you sleep. Breathing might stop or become very shallow with pauses while you are sleeping. It can last from a few seconds to several minutes and usually recurs through the night. Since...
- Dr. Scott O Caudle MD1503 W ELK AVE ELIZABETHTON TN 37643
- Dr. Kelly S Oggero M.D.444 CLINCHFIELD ST STE 2900 KINGSPORT TN 37660
- Dr. Tony O. Haley MD701 Med Tech Pkwy Johnson City TN 37604
- Dr. Paul C Armstrong MD275 White St Ne Abingdon VA 24210
- Dr. Matthew Thomas Keibler D.O.1497 W Elk Ave Elizabethton TN 37643
- Dr. Elizabeth Anne Lawson MD701 Med Tech Pkwy Johnson City TN 37604