Dr. Benjamin S Scharfstein M.D.
Surgeon1 Medical Park Blvd 250 West Bristol TN, 37620
Dr. Benjamin Scharfstein is a general surgeon practicing in Bristol, TN. Dr. Scharfstein specializes in abdominal contents including the esophagus, stomach, liver, gallbladder, pancreas and often thyroid glands. General surgeons are able to deal with almost any surgical or critical care emergency, also involving the skin or soft tissue trauma. Dr. Scharfstein provides quality surgical service for gravely ill or injured patients and is able to respond quickly due to knowledge of various surgical procedures.
Education and Training
Univ of Tn, Memphis, Coll of Med, Memphis Tn 1998
East Tennessee State University James H. Quillen College of Medicine 1998
SurgeryAmerican Board of SurgeryABS
- Cerebrovascular Disease
- Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm (aaa)
- Aortic Aneurysm
- Peripheral Artery Disease (pad)
- Vascular Disease
- E Tn U-J H Quillen Coll Med, General Surgery
- E Tn University J H Quillen College Med 1999
- East Tennessee State University Program
Dr. Benjamin S Scharfstein M.D.'s Practice location
Dr. Benjamin S Scharfstein M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Scharfstein
- What Are the Risks of a Laparoscopy?
Laparoscopy is a surgical procedure that is done to examine various abdominal organs or female pelvic organs. The procedure is sometimes called as "diagnostic laparoscopy" or "keyhole surgery". This procedure can identify problems such as adhesion, fibroids, infections, and cysts.The procedure...
- Recovery from a Gallbladder Surgery
You may be given pain relievers as you wait for the anesthesia to wear off after your gallbladder removal surgery. After surgery, you will be transferred to a recovery room where your condition will be monitored as you are given some time to rest.During a keyhole operation, carbon dioxide gas is...
- How to Diagnose and Treat Gallstones
Who are at risk of developing gallstones?- Obesity is one of the biggest risk factors in developing gallstones. It increases a person's overall cholesterol levels, making it difficult to maintain a completely empty bladder. - Women who are pregnant, on birth control pills, or taking hormonal...
- What You Need to Know About Incisional Hernias
What is a Hernia?A hernia is a medical condition that results from tissue or organs protruding through the abdominal walls. This protrusion is due to a weakness or hole in a muscle. The condition might start without any symptoms, but can lead to serious problems like death if left unattended. Hernia...
- Laparoscopy and Infertility
LaparoscopyA laparoscopy is a surgical procedure, which allows doctors to examine your abdominal organs. In females, their fallopian tubes, uterus, and ovaries are found in the pelvic region, which is at the bottom of the abdomen. The procedure uses a laparoscope to visualize the abdominal organs....
- When Is Thyroid Surgery Necessary?
Overview of ThyroidectomyHypothyroidism, as the name indicates, refers to an underactive form of the thyroid gland. It means that the thyroid gland fails to produce a sufficient amount of thyroid hormones in the body. The removal of the thyroid gland will further reduce the production of hormones,...
- Dr. Scott O Caudle MD189 Corporate Dr. Johnson City TN 37604
- Dr. Tony O. Haley MD701 Med Tech Pkwy Johnson City TN 37604
- Dr. Paul C Armstrong MD16000 Johnston Memorial Dr Abingdon VA 24211
- Dr. Elizabeth Anne Lawson MD701 Med Tech Pkwy Johnson City TN 37604
- Dr. Matthew Thomas Keibler D.O.1497 W Elk Ave Elizabethton TN 37643
- Dr. Kelly S Oggero M.D.2060 Space Park Dr Houston TX 77058