Dr. Steven Derek Mills MD
Colon and Rectal Surgeon5901 E 7th St Long Beach CA, 90822
Dr. Mills is skilled in minimally invasive surgery for diseases of the colon and rectum, including cancer and inflammatory bowel disease. The board-certified, fellowship-trained colorectal surgeon per ...
Colon & Rectal SurgeryAmerican Board of Colon & Rectal SurgeryABCRS
- 2006 John E. Connolly Award by residents for best teaching
- 2007 Golden Apple Award by medical students for best teaching
- 2011-2013 Best Doctors in America (Colon & Rectal Surgery)
- 2012-2014 Physicians of Excellence, Orange County Medical Association
- Cancer, Inflammatory Bowel Disease, Minimally Invasive Surgery And More
Dr. Steven Derek Mills MD's Practice location
Long Beach, CA 90822Get Direction
Dr. Steven Derek Mills MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Mills
- Colon Cancer
What is colon cancer?Colon cancer is cancer of the large intestine, also known as the colon. If the last segment of the colon, the rectum, has a cancerous growth, it is known as rectal carcinoma. These two conditions are collectively referred to as colorectal cancer.Carcinoma of the colon is the...
- Colonoscopy: What to Expect During Recovery
A colonoscopy is an outpatient procedure, wherein the rectum and the large intestine are checked. You do not need to stay overnight at the hospital or clinic unless your doctor needs to have additional tests done or needs you to be monitored for a short while.A colonoscopy can be used to identify...
- What Is a Proctologist?
Proctology, also known as colorectal surgery, is a field in medicine that focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of diseases or disorders of the colon, rectum, and anus. The one who specializes in proctology is called a proctologist or a colorectal surgeon. What is a proctologist?A proctologist is...
- What Are the Most Obvious Symptoms of Appendicitis?
Appendicitis is a condition that causes the inflammation of the appendix. The appendix is a tube around 3½ inch long and extends from the large intestine. It is said that the appendix has a role in gut immunity, but nothing as yet is definite with regard to its function. An individual can live...
- Reasons Why You Need a Colonoscopy
Colonoscopy is a procedure that evokes mixed reactions amongst most adults. Most people don't look forward to the preparation for a colonoscopy, much less the procedure itself. But improvements in the procedure in recent years have led to most people not having a terrible experience. It is of...
- What Is an Anal Fissure?
What is an anal fissure?The anal canal is a short tube surrounded by muscle at the end of the rectum. An anal fissure is a small crack, tear, or rip in the anal canal lining. Anal fissure is often very small, but can cause you severe pain. The pain gets worse after passing stool and normally last...
- Dr. Babak N. Rad M.D.510 SUPERIOR AVE NEWPORT BEACH CA 92663
- Dr. Imad A Shbeeb MD10931 Cherry St Los Alamitos CA 90720
- Dr. Anita Kay Gregory M.D.1010 W La Veta Ave Orange CA 92868
- Dr. Joseph C Carmichael MD333 CITY BLVD W STE 850 ORANGE CA 92868
- Dr. Kevin Kinzinger M.D.100 E Valencia Mesa Dr Fullerton CA 92835
- Dr. Tam Huu Le M.D.10760 Warner Ave Fountain Valley CA 92708