Dr. Rachel Mulheren is a speech language pathologist practicing in ROCKINGHAM, VA. Dr. Mulheren specializes in speech, language and swallowing disorders in patients. As a speech language pathologist, Dr. Mulheren evaluates, diagnoses and treats patients with communication and swallowing troubles. These conditions may be due to developmental delay, brain injury, hearing loss, autism, stroke or other diseases and injuries. Dr. Mulheren helps patients make sounds and improve their voices through various methods. Speech language pathologists also work with patients to strengthen muscles used to speak and swallow, and work with individuals and families to help cope with their conditions.
Rachel Mulheren's Practice location
ROCKINGHAM, VA 22801Get Direction
Rachel Mulheren's reviewsWrite Review
- Treatment of Dysphagia (Swallowing Problems)
What is dysphagia?Dysphagia is a disorder in which a person is unable to swallow food or is having difficulty in moving food down to the stomach. The throat or esophageal muscles are unable to work properly, and that leads to this disease. It is usually seen in children, old aged persons, and people...
- Is There a Cure for Autism?
It is natural to ask your doctor about the cure for any disease once you have been diagnosed with it. The same is true for those diagnosed with autism. Unfortunately, there is no cure for autism.Various behavioral adjustment methods and medications that manage autism’s core symptoms are available...
- Is Multiple Sclerosis Genetic?
Multiple Sclerosis is a complex disease that can be caused by several factors; genetic structure is one of them. Several genes are thought to play a role in the development of MS. If any of a close relative, such as a sibling or a parent, has this disease, your chance of developing MS is slightly...
- Everything You Need To Know About Multiple Sclerosis
CausesMS is the result of an abnormal response of the body’s immune system. This response results in an attack on the central nervous system — the brain, spinal cord and optic nerve. Specifically the immune system attacks the protective coating around the nerve fibers — myelin — creating...
- Understanding Relapsing-Remitting Multiple Sclerosis (RRMS)
Most patients who are diagnosed with multiple sclerosis usually fall under the category of having RRMS. In most patients, relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis in the course of the disease changes after several decades and usually becomes worse, and the patient’s diagnosis is likely to progress...
- What Is Dysarthria: Symptoms, Causes, Treatment, and More
What is dysarthria?Dysarthria is a speech disorder that is caused by weak, paralyzed, or damaged oral muscles. Those who have dysarthria usually have trouble speaking along with poor articulation, poor phonation, and poor respiration. Others may also have a hard time understanding people who have...
- D V Stutzman SLP815 STUART ST HARRISONBURG VA 22802
- Anagha Patade2101 DEYERLE AVE HARRISONBURG VA 22801
- Mrs. Elisabeth Martin Lawson M.ED. CCC/SLP328 NEFF AVE. HARRISONBURG VA 22801
- Mrs. Teresa C. Drulia M.S. CCC-SLP2010 HEALTH CAMPUS DR HARRISONBURG VA 22801
- Nicholas A Barone MS, CF-SLP861 MERLINS WAY HARRISONBURG VA 22801
- Mrs. Miriam Gates Kerr MAT CCC SCP1241 N MAIN ST HARRISONBURG VA 22802