I am a San Diego Native. I enjoy hiking with my German Shepherd and spending time with family and friends. I am action oriented. I enjoy helping patients develop a life plan for success, enhanced communication, and greater life satisfaction. For me it is the relationship with my patient that is helpful. You are your own expert, I am here to help you define an action plan to make it happen. I specialize in helping ambitious, highly motivated people who are experiencing Anxiety, Chronic Pain, Depressive Symptoms, and Relationship Stresses. Please reach out and contact me directly, I schedule my appointments personally.
Education and Training
Pepperdine University Psy.D. 1999
Dr. Michele Yvette Oster PSY.D.'s Expert Contributions
Encouraging her to focus on her personal strengths helps mitigate fear. First, having her see how strong she is how brave she is to slowly approach the memories of the accident and also encouraging her to honor her friends by establishing a tradition where the memory of them is positive and respectful when she thinks of them rather than staying stuck in fear or anxiety. Balancing treating trauma simultaneously with strength focus helps to treat. READ MORE
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (cbt)
- Cognitive Behavioral Stress Management
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy For Anxiety Disorders
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy For Depression
- Solution-focused Brief Therapy (sfbt), Consultation, Counseling And More
- Chronic Back Pain
- Chronic Daily Headaches
- Chronic Care
- Infertility Counseling
- Infertility, Anxiety, Parenting And More
- Sexual Abuse, Bipolar Disorder, Impulse Control Disorders And More
- Sexual Abuse, Grief Counseling, Interpersonal Relationships And More
- American Psychological Association
- Tri City Medical Center Clnical & Behavioral Medicine 2000
Charities and Philanthropic Endeavors
- National Rifle Assocaiation
Experience & Accolades
- Kaiser Permanente2000 - 2002HospitalStaff Psychologist outpatient and Emergency Room Department
Dr. Michele Yvette Oster PSY.D.'s Practice location
SAN DIEGO, CA 92130Get Direction
Del Mar, CA 92014Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. Michele Yvette Oster PSY.D. | Psychologist | Clinical
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Michele Yvette Oster PSY.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- What Is Emotional Eating?
There may be times that an individual will turn to junk food to deal with emotional stress. This habit of eating comfort foods to satisfy a feeling or an emotion is referred to as emotional eating. When an individual turns to emotional eating, he or she may over eat to try to combat strained...
- What Is Demisexual?
There are a variety of sexual identities in this world and each individual has his or her own sexual identity. One type of sexual identity is demisexuality. It is not as commonly heard and many people may also ask, "What is demisexual?"If you don’t know much about this sexuality other than hearing...
- Helping a Loved One Cope with Depression
Depression is a serious mood disorder that can really change the way people live their life. However, depression can be treated with the help and support of people who truly care about the welfare of a person who is depressed. Most people who frequently feel depressed need intervention and treatment...
- What Is an Outgoing Introvert?
What is an outgoing introvert?Sometimes, an outgoing introvert show traits or features of an introvert, but certain things just don’t resonate with them, which can be seen in other extroverts. You may not spend time alone on weekends and would like to spend time out with friends. You may also have...
- Study Links PTSD from 9/11 to Dementia Cases
9/11 happened almost 17 years ago. And yet, every single American still remembers where they were on that day. Researchers found that rescuers, witnesses and survivors have reported cases of Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder, or simply PTSD. Sean Clouston, the lead researcher from Stony Brook...
- Autism, Hip-Hop, and a New Musical
A new musical by the name of "Wonderland" seeks to explore autism via rap and spoken word.WINGS"Wonderland" is a WINGS production. WINGS is nationally recognized as one of the leading performing arts programs for children, and is located at the Lynn Meadows Discovery Center. Their goal is to inspire...
- Dr. Kimberly Fara Corbett PSYD, MFT4411 30th St San Diego CA 92116
- Dr. Gretchen Ann Pound Other138 B Ave Coronado CA 92118
- Dr. Shannon Lerach PH.D.3434 Grove St Lemon Grove CA 91945
- Dr. Cynthia A. Cotter PH.D.12526 High Bluff Drive San Diego CA 92130
- Dr. Michael Gregory Plopper M.D.7850 Vista Hill Ave San Diego CA 92123
- Dr. Pamela Beth Collman PHD9666 Businesspark Ave San Diego CA 92131