James J Merrill MD
Cardiac Electrophysiologist | Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology2050 Meadowview Parkway Kingsport TN, 37660
Dr. James Merrill is a Cardiac Electrophysicist practicing in Kingsport, TN. Dr. Merrill performs testing procedures on patients hearts electrical system in order to assess timing and abnormalities associated with electrical activities of the heart. Adult Cardiac Electrophysiologists are trained to treat irregular heartbeats, and carry out electrophysiology studies or ablations.
Education and Training
Univ of Wa Sch of Med, Seattle Wa 1986
Duke University School of Medicine 1993
University of Washington School of Medicine 1986
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
- Heart Disease
- Atrial Flutter
- Coronary Artery Disease (cad)
- Duke Univ Med Ctr, Cardiovascular Diseases; Dallas Co Hp-Parkland Mem, Internal Medicine
- Parkland Memorial Hospital
- Duke University Hospital Program
James J Merrill MD's Practice location
Kingsport, TN 37660Get Direction
James J Merrill MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Merrill
- Atrial Fibrillation: What is a Catheter Ablation?
Atrial fibrillation - also known as AF or a-fib - is a medical condition that affects the rhythm of the heart. Problems that affect the rhythm of the heart cause a condition known as arrhythmia. This condition often causes irregular blood flow. It is quite common, with more than 200,000 cases in the...
- What Is an Arrhythmia?
An arrhythmia is the violations of the frequency, rhythm, and sequence of heart contractions.Why do arrythmias occur?...
- Heart Palpitations: What Is It and What Are the Causes?
Our heart rate is automatically controlled by the autonomic nervous system (ANS) that has two divisions: sympathetic and parasympathetic. The part of the ANS that is responsible for raising a person’s heart rate through the sympathetic plexus is the sympathetic division. The parasympathetic...
- Reasons Why You Would Need an Ablation
What is catheter ablation?This is a surgical procedure that is used to correct heart irregularities. It involves the use of radio frequency energy to get rid of the heart tissues that cause irregular and rapid heartbeats. It can also be referred to as radio frequency ablation, and it has proved to...
- What Is a Bubble Study?
What is a bubble study?A bubble study is a type of echocardiogram, which is the ultrasound of the heart. An echocardiogram is done to visualize the heart and its surrounding areas. Better images of the heart can be produced when a “contrast” is used during the echocardiogram. In a bubble study,...
- Complications of Myocardial Infarction
Complications can be divided according to different factors:...
- Ransford S Brenya MD325 N State of Franklin Rd Johnson City TN 37614
- Arun P. Rao MD2050 Meadowview Parkway Kingsport TN 37660
- Vijay Kumar Ramu M.D329 N State Of Franklin Rd Johnson City TN 37604
- Keith Aaron Kyker MD2050 MEADOWVIEW PKWY KINGSPORT TN 37660
- Dr. Anil K Goli MD2408 Susannah St Johnson City TN 37601
- Gregory K Jones MD2050 Meadowview Parkway Kingsport TN 37660