Dr. John Ownby practices Neuropathology in Pasadena, TX. Dr. Ownby studies, evaluates, diagnoses, and treats conditions that affect the nervous system. Neuropathologists are trained to fully understand and treat such conditions as Alzheimers disease and Parkinsons disease.
Education and Training
Univ of Tn, Memphis, Coll of Med, Memphis Tn 1986
Psychiatry and NeurologyAmerican Board of Psychiatry and NeurologyABPN
- Methodist Hosp, Critical Care Medicine-Internal Medicine; Baylor Coll Of Med, Neurology; Tulane Univ Sch Of Med, Internal Medicine
- Baylor College Of Med
Dr. John H Ownby MD's Practice location
Pasadena, TX 77504Get Direction
HOUSTON, TX 77030Get Direction
Dr. John H Ownby MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Ownby
- Anti-Inflammatory Drugs for Multiple Sclerosis
Multiple sclerosis is a disease that affects the brain and spinal cord. It involves an immune-mediated process, which results in an abnormal response. Such abnormal response leads to the damage of the central nervous system tissue and the immune system, which attacks the myelin causing...
- The Difference Between Headaches & Migraines
Is A Migraine Another Word For A Headache?When a headache is recurrent, it is usually referred to as a migraine. A migraine is a throbbing headache that remains on one side of the head, but it can be experienced throughout the head as well. Pain can also be experienced around the inner eyes and...
- National League MVP Kirk Gibson Diagnosed with Parkinson's Disease
There are those who might not know it, but there is another famous athlete who came out with his diagnosis of Parkinson’s disease in 2015. This disease has been known to affect lives in an awful manner and has been found to decrease quality of life in many individuals. Former National League MVP ...
- Wrigley Field Comes Under Fire After Cubs Fan Sues for Violating Disabilities Act
David F. Cerda has been wheelchair-bound ever since he was 10 years old. This was caused by muscular dystrophy. Muscular dystrophy is a disease that affects the muscular and skeletal system by weakening the muscles and causing the loss of muscular mass. Mutations or abnormal genes in the muscle...
- Natural Ways in Managing Epilepsy
The standard treatment for epilepsy is anti-seizure medications. Almost everyone with epilepsy can be successfully treated with these medications. However, no matter how high the success rate is, these drugs do not work for everyone. Natural treatments such as herbs and vitamins are available...
- How Sunscreen May Lead to New Multiple Sclerosis Treatment
A few cells in the immune and nervous systems have vitamin D receptors that are found on the cells’ surface. It is here where they receive chemical signals. When a cell attaches itself to a receptor, the chemical signals trigger the cell to perform an activity, such as to divide in multiple ways...
- Dr. Kavitha Marri M.D.3925 FAIRMONT PARKWAY PASADENA TX 77504
- Dr. Robert W. Fayle M.D.4141 VISTA RD PASADENA TX 77504
- Philip S Blum MD4141 Vista Rd Pasadena TX 77504
- Dr. Kimberly E Monday MD4141 Vista Rd Pasadena TX 77504
- Dr. Amita Shimpi bhalla MD3333 Bayshore Blvd Pasadena TX 77504
- Dr. Priti Palvadi M.D.4141 VISTA RD PASADENA TX 77504