Dr. Bruce Hirsch is an infectious disease specialist practicing in Manhasset, NY. Dr. Hirsch specializes in infections that are difficult to diagnose or unresponsive to treatments, such as HIV or airborne infections from a foreign country. Infectious disease specialists usually work with conditions that are not treatable by a primary physician but it is important to keep contact with the primary physician in order to receive information about the patients history and for deciding which diagnostic tests are appropriate.
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Geriatric Medicine
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Infectious Disease- 2004
- MemberNorth Shore-LIJ Medical Group
- North Shore Univ Hosp, Infectious Diseases; Bronx Municipal Hosp Ctr, Infectious Diseases; Ny & Presby Hp-Cornell Campus, Geriatric Medicine-Internal Medicine; North Shore Univ Hosp, Internal Medicine
- North Shore University School of Medicine
- Weill Cornell Medical College - New York Hospital
- Albert Einstein College of Medicine - Yeshiva Univ
- Geriatric Medicine-Weill Cornell Medical College-New York Hospital, Infectious Disease-Albert Einstein College of Medicine-Yeshiva University, Infectious Disease-North Shore University Hospital
Professional Society Memberships
- Fellow of the American College of Physicians
Dr. Bruce E. Hirsch MD's Practice location
Request An Appointment With Dr. Bruce E. Hirsch MD | Internist | Infectious Disease
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Bruce E. Hirsch MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Hirsch
- What Should I Do If My Baby Has Mumps?
What is mumps?Mumps is a highly contagious viral infection. The virus invades the parotid glands of the individual causing pain and inflammation of these glands. It is characterized by a “hamster-like” swelling of the patient’s face. The initial symptoms may take up to two weeks to manifest....
- What Is Diarrhea: Get the Facts
Diarrhea is a very common water-borne disease. A person who has diarrhea passes loose or liquid stool at least three times a day or more frequently than what is normal for the person. The reason behind the consistency and frequency of these bowel movements in a case of diarrhea is the increased flow...
- What Doctors Treat Lyme Disease?
Lyme disease is a bacterial infection that transmitted to human beings through ticks. Usually, getting this disease means that you will be sick for a very long time. Some people spend their entire lives living with the disease. The good news is that you can treat the disease within two years.Lyme...
- What is the Dengue Triad?
Classified as DENV-1, DENV-2, DENV-3, and DENV-4, there are four types of viruses belonging to one group (Flaviviridae) that are responsible for infecting humans with dengue fever. The route for transmitting the virus from one infected human to another is via the bloodsucking bite of the female...
- What Are the Symptoms of Cold Sores?
What are cold sores?Cold sores or fever blisters are a very common perioral condition caused by the herpes simplex virus (HSV). There are two types of herpes simplex virus. Type 1 usually causes cold sores, although in some cases, the cold sores can also be caused by type 2. It is usually...
- Everything You Need to Know About the Zika Virus
What is Zika virus?Zika virus (Flavivirus) isn`t a new virus, initially, it was found in Uganda and called after the place where the virus was first detected- Zika forest (1947). It is a mosquito-borne virus, which is transmitted from a particular species of infected insects (Aedes), the aggressive...
- Dr. Patricia C. Cowan-Kloser M.D.90 Bergen St Newark NJ 07103
- Dr. Paul T. Smith M.D.943 Lexington Avenue New York New York 10021
- Dr. Pan S. Ko M.D.400 Sylvan Avenue Englewood Cliffs New Jersey 07632
- Dr. Douglas V. Sepkowitz MD339 Hicks Street Brooklyn New York 11201
- Dr. Christine Stavropoulos MD425 West 59th Street New York NY 10019
- Dr. Robert Husney MD2579 Ocean Ave Brooklyn NY 11229