Dr. Paula Higgins is a speech language pathologist practicing in DIAMOND POINT, NY. Dr. Higgins specializes in speech, language and swallowing disorders in patients. As a speech language pathologist, Dr. Higgins evaluates, diagnoses and treats patients with communication and swallowing troubles. These conditions may be due to developmental delay, brain injury, hearing loss, autism, stroke or other diseases and injuries. Dr. Higgins helps patients make sounds and improve their voices through various methods. Speech language pathologists also work with patients to strengthen muscles used to speak and swallow, and work with individuals and families to help cope with their conditions.
Ms. Paula Danielle Higgins SLP-CCC's Practice location
DIAMOND POINT, NY 12824Get Direction
Ms. Paula Danielle Higgins SLP-CCC's reviewsWrite Review
- Treatment of Multiple Sclerosis
The following are some of the treatments of MS that focus on slowing the progression of the disease, speeding recovery from attacks, and managing symptoms.Treatments for MS Attacks...
- Early Warning Signs of Multiple Sclerosis
Is it Multiple Sclerosis?Although some of the symptoms of multiple sclerosis are common, there is no definitive pattern that applies to everyone. The symptoms of multiple sclerosis also resemble those of many other diseases. What sets the symptoms of MS apart from other conditions is time. In many...
- Understanding the Different Types of Multiple Sclerosis
Since MS does not progress in the same manner, professionals have divided the disease into four phenotypes based on the manner in which the disease progresses. The four types of multiple sclerosis are Clinically Isolated Syndrome, Relapsing-remitting Multiple Sclerosis, Primary Progressive Multiple...
- What is Dyslexia?
Dyslexia refers to a disorder characterized by disability in reading. This is a very common learning disability and is found to affect a large percentage of people in the country. Children with this learning disorder are found to have normal vision and intelligence. In many cases, the condition...
- Late Talkers May Not Have Issues When They Become Teenagers
Children who are Late Talkers may have problems with behavior and emotional development as toddlers, but this may not persist into their teenage years, according to a study published in the journal, Pediatrics. In this study, the researchers followed 2,800 children from birth up until they were...
- The Risk for Developing Cerebral Palsy in Babies is Higher at 37 or 38 Weeks
Babies born at 40 weeks have a lower risk of developing cerebral palsy, when compared to babies born at 37 or 38 weeks, or at 42 weeks and later, according to a new study published in, The Journal of the American Medical Association. But the absolute risk of developing this condition in babies is...
- Sharon Luckenbaugh25 WILLOWBROOK RD QUEENSBURY NY 12804
- Paula Kay Doty CCC/SLP13 LOCUST ST GLENS FALLS NY 12801
- Miss Rebecca Marsicovetere M.A.61 BARBER RD QUEENSBURY NY 12804
- Mrs. Tara H Burczeuski MS ED, CCC/SLP133 AVIATION RD QUEENSBURY NY 12804
- Sara Nelson7 JOHN ST SOUTH GLENS FALLS NY 12803
- Alissa Marie Iantosca CCC-SLP429 AVIATION RD QUEENSBURY NY 12804