Dr. Melissa Pynnonen is an ear, nose and throat (ENT) doctor, also known as an otolaryngologist, practicing in Ann Arbor, MI. Dr. Pynnonen specializes in diseases and disorders of the ear, nose and throat as well as other parts of the head and neck. Such structures an ENT may work on include the sinuses, larynx (voice box) and mouth in addition to the ear, nose and throat. There are seven areas of expertise that an ENT might specialize in, and these are: allergies; facial reconstructive surgery; head and neck; laryngology; otology/neurotology; pediatric otolaryngology; and rhinology.
Education and Training
Univ of Mi Med Sch, Ann Arbor Mi 1994
University of Michigan Medical School 1994
OtolaryngologyAmerican Board of OtolaryngologyABOto
- Radiology quiz case 1. Labyrinthitis ossificans (LO)-stage of fibrosis.
- Pathology quiz case. Nasal hamartoma, fibroglandular type.
- Pathology quiz case 2. Keratocystic odontogenic tumor (KCOT) of the maxilla.
- Macrolide therapy for chronic rhinosinusitis: a meta-analysis.
- Extent of sinus surgery, 2000 to 2009: a population-based study.
- Systematic review and meta-analysis of robotic vs conventional thyroidectomy
- A Patient-Centered Approach to Clinical Practice Guidelines in Otolaryngology.
- The nasal cavity microbiota of healthy adults.
- Letter to the Editor.
- A diagnostic dilemma: chronic sinusitis diagnosed by non-otolaryngologists.
- Academic institution pilot study shows far fewer diagnoses of sinusitis than reported nationally.
- Plain Language Summary: Evaluation of the Neck Mass in Adults.
- Univ Of Mi Hosps & Hlth Ctrs, Otolaryngology; Univ Of Mi Hosps & Hlth Ctrs, General Surgery
- University of Michigan Affiliated Hospitals 2000
Dr. Melissa A Pynnonen MD's Practice location
Ann Arbor, MI 48109Get Direction
ANN ARBOR, MI 48103Get Direction
Dr. Melissa A Pynnonen MD's reviewsWrite Review
- What Is Cauliflower Ear: Causes and Treatments
What is cauliflower ear?When we talk about the term “cauliflower ear”, it refers to a kind of deformity of the ear. It can be due to various causes such as an injury or blunt trauma to the ear during a wrestling or boxing match. If this injury is not treated in a timely manner, then it can lead...
- What Is an Ear Infection?
An ear infection, which is also called otitis media, is the infection of the middle portion of the ear. Ear infections may be caused by viral or bacterial infections. The infected portion of the ear typically becomes inflamed and causes fluid to buildup in the middle ear. The middle ear is what we...
- What Is Pulsatile Tinnitus: Symptoms and Causes
What is pulsatile tinnitus?Pulsatile tinnitus is a rhythmical noise in the ears that is similar to the sound of a person's pulse or heartbeat. This sound may come and go and may be quite distracting to some people. In most cases, pulsatile tinnitus is related to blood flow disturbances, which is...
- Sore Tongue
The tongue is made up of different muscles that help us speak, swallow, chew, or taste food. So when we have a sore tongue, it can be quite hard to ignore.Although a sore tongue is not always a cause for concern, emergency medical attention may be required in some cases, such as rapid tongue...
- What Could Halitosis Mean?
IntroductionHalitosis is also referred to as bad breath in layman’s term. Having bad breath can be embarrassing and may sometimes cause anxiety. Bad breath is commonly experienced by people. In fact, 1 in every 15 people experiences halitosis on a regular basis. Halitosis has a number of...
- What is a Migraine with Aura?
A migraine is one of the most severe headaches, and the pain often affects an individual's daily activities. A migraine headache is broadly classified into migraine without aura and migraine with aura. Migraine with aura is a less common type of headache when compared to the other migraine. Aura is...
- Dr. Paul T Hoff MD5333 Mcauley Dr Ypsilanti MI 48197
- Dr. Matthew C Farrugia DO25500 Meadowbrook Rd Novi MI 48375
- Dr. Ericka Francine King MD1500 E Medical Center Dr Ann Arbor MI 48109
- Dr. Scott Alan Mclean M.D., PH.D.1500 E Medical Center Dr Ann Arbor MI 48109
- Dr. Ronald S Bogdasarian MD5333 Mcauley Dr Ypsilanti MI 48197
- Dr. Thomas A Weimert MD5333 Mcauley Dr Ypsilanti MI 48197