Dr. Peter R Blier MD
Rheumatologist (Pediatric) | Pediatric Rheumatology140 High Street Springfield MA, 01199
Dr. Peter Blier practices Pediatric Rheumatology in Springfield, MA. Pediatric rheumatologists treat child patients who suffer from pain in the musculoskeletal system, have symptoms of arthritis, or an autoimmune disorder. Dr. Blier evaluates and treats a variety of joint, muscle, and bone disorders; including autoimmune disorders, such as lupus, juvenile rheumatoid arthritis, scleroderma, Kawasaki disease, post-infectious arthritis, chronic vasculitis, and inflammatory disorders of the muscle, eye, or other organs. Dr. Blier also is trained in the evaluation of prolonged fever, unexplained complaints of chronic musculoskeletal pain, weakness, poor appetite, fatigue, and/or loss of function or skills.
Education and Training
Yale Univ Sch of Med, New Haven Ct 1987
PediatricsAmerican Board of PediatricsABP
- Isoaspartyl post-translational modification triggers autoimmune responses to self-proteins.
- Soluble adhesion molecules in juvenile rheumatoid arthritis.
- Soluble adhesion molecules in pediatric rheumatic diseases.
- Ku polypeptides synthesized in vitro assemble into complexes which recognize ends of double-stranded DNA.
- An autoantibody to single-stranded DNA: comparison of the three-dimensional structures of the unliganded Fab and a deoxynucleotide-Fab complex.
- Juvenile Fibromyalgia: A Primary Pain, or Pain Processing, Disorder.
- The immune response to the hapten NP in C57BL/6 mice: insights into the structure of the B-cell repertoire.
- The T-cell independent antigen, NP-ficoll, primes for a high affinity IgM anti-NP response.
- A limited number of B cell lineages generates the heterogeneity of a secondary immune response.
- Binding of Ku protein to DNA. Measurement of affinity for ends and demonstration of binding to nicks.
- Yale New Haven Hosp, Rheumatology; Boston City Hosp, Pediatrics
Dr. Peter R Blier MD's Practice location
Springfield, MA 01199Get Direction
Dr. Peter R Blier MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Blier
- Steroids for Muscular Dystrophy: Prednisone
Steroids are touted as powerful drugs that help in improving muscle strength as well as delaying some types of muscular dystrophy. Of these, prednisone is said to be the most powerful and widely used to treat Muscular Dystrophy. Prednisone is a known anti-inflammatory agent. The potent compound,...
- The Reality Behind Juvenile-Onset Fibromyalgia
Over time, more and more health conditions have been discovered, which has ultimately led to a more informed healthcare system. These breakthroughs have been thanks to a neverending goal of creating more efficient treatment options, which is being done as technology improves and becomes more...
- Adalia Rose
OverviewAdalia Rose is an American internet star. She was born with Hutchinson-Gilford progeria syndrome, which is a premature aging disease. This genetic condition is also commonly known as progeria. During her early infancy stage, her body was much older than the normal age. In spite of her...
- According To New Research The Juvenile Arthritis Diagnosis Is Improving
Arthritis has been at the center of countless medical research in recent years, mainly due to the pain and limitations it places on its sufferers. Arthritis is also often thought to be a condition regulated to the elderly and older adults, but this is not always the case. Many children and young...
- 14 Warning Signs of Lupus
When the body attacks its own cells and organs including the skin, joints, kidneys, heart, lungs, blood, and brain, the condition is called lupus. It is an autoimmune disease brought about because the body can’t distinguish between healthy cells and foreign germs or viruses. It is a chronic...
- What Are the Signs and Symptoms of Lupus?
It is very hard to diagnose lupus. Since two individuals can have different signs of lupus, doctors have a hard time diagnosing it and treating it effectively. To diagnose lupus, it can take a long time, which can be distracting to both the doctor and the affected person. The symptoms of lupus can...