Cardiologist | Cardiovascular Disease24035 Three Notch Rd Hollywood MD, 20636
Dr. Anil Shah is a cardiologist practicing in Hollywood, MD. Dr. Shah specializes in diagnosing, monitoring, and treating diseases or conditions of the heart and blood vessels and the cardiovascular system. These conditions include heart attacks, heart murmurs, coronary heart disease, and hypertension. Dr. Shah also practices preventative medicine, helping patients maintain a heart-healthy life.
Anil Shah's Practice location
Hollywood, MD 20636Get Direction
- Angina Pectoris: What are the Symptoms, Causes, and Treatment?
Angina pectoris is a symptom of a coronary artery disease which causes chest pain due to less blood flow to the heart muscle. Angina pectoris is also known as angina, and this problem can be a recurring issue or a sudden acute issue. Angina pectoris can be defined as pressure, stiffness, tightness...
- Are Statins Safe?
Statins are a class of drugs that help to reduce the levels of cholesterol in blood by inhibiting the enzyme involved in the production of cholesterol in liver. It is one of the most commonly prescribed drug to lower cholesterol levels and to avoid complications like stroke and heart attacks....
- Hypolipidemia: Causes and Symptoms
The liver primarily produces cholesterol. Each day, it makes 1,000 mg of cholesterol. The cells lining the small intestine can also produce cholesterol. If the level of cholesterol in the body is low, it may mean that the body is producing low amounts of cholesterol and is going to shut down. In...
- Low-Density Lipoprotein
IntroductionTo maintain good health, balanced cholesterol levels are quite important. The liver is an organ that detoxifies drugs and other foreign substances. It also stores glycogen, which the body utilizes for energy. Other important functions of the liver include metabolizing carbohydrates,...
- Heart Palpitations: When Is It a Sign of Something Serious?
Heart palpitations, although it feels like a scary experience, are not always a sign of something serious. These palpitations are harmless but there are some instances when it could be a signal to a serious heart disease, especially if it is associated with other symptoms. This article explains...
- Ovary Removal Does Not Raise Your Risk for Heart Disease
A review of data from a major women’s health study failed to find a significant association between ovary removal during a hysterectomy and an increased risk of heart disease. This is in contrast to the results published from another large study that reported that the risk of heart disease...
- Cassius Diego Belfonte MD110 HOSPITAL RD PRINCE FREDERICK MD 20678
- Adinath Patil Other24035 Three Notch Rd Hollywood MD 20636
- Samuel H Foster MD110 Hospital Rd Prince Frederick MD 20678
- Varkey Mathew MD2419 Solomons Island Rd Huntingtown MD 20639
- Bryan John Lebude M.D.24035 THREE NOTCH RD HOLLYWOOD MD 20636
- Kioumarce Yazdani M.D.2555 SOLOMONS ISLAND RD HUNTINGTOWN MD 20639