Dr. Orly Avitzur MD
Neurologist | Neurology55 South Broadway 3rd Floor Tarrytown NY, 10591
Orly Avitzur, MD, MBA, FAAN is a practicing neurologist with offices in Tarrytown and Carmel, New York. She is the Medical Adviser and a Medical Editor at Consumer Reports, and the former Editor-in-Ch ...
Education and Training
Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine 1982
Psychiatry and NeurologyAmerican Board of Psychiatry and NeurologyABPN
- Member American Academy of Neurology
Dr. Orly Avitzur MD's Practice location
Tarrytown, NY 10591Get Direction
Dr. Orly Avitzur MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Avitzur
- Parents Plan Fundraiser for Son with Muscular Dystrophy
The Realities of Muscular DystrophyFundraisers and How Differences Are Made in Fundraiser Opportunities For Muscular DystrophyEvery single day, different methods are being employed to assist those with muscular dystrophy. In one recent effort and amazing story of inspiration, a local family from...
- What is an Ocular Migraine?
Ocular migraines, also known as retinal migraines, ophthalmic migraines, or monocular migraines, are characterized by visual disturbances that occur alongside or after migraine headaches. In this type, the person will have bouts of reduced vision or blindness that remains for a short period. In most...
- What is a Lobotomist?
A lobotomist is the type of specialist who performs lobotomy procedures. A lobotomy is a form of psychosurgery that was popular from the late 1930s to the early 1950s, and it was meant to treat various psychological defects.Why would you need a lobotomist?A lobotomist was required to perform...
- The Easiest Ways to Relieve MS Discomfort
Are you suffering from MS pain and discomfort? You are not alone. More than 50% of individuals with MS experience pain at some point in their lives. MS pain and discomfort varies from individual to individual and it can change over time. The impact that such symptoms can have on your quality of...
- Laser Shoes Help Parkinson’s Patients in Freezing Episodes
As someone gets older, they are more at risk for neurodegenerative diseases. Among these diseases is Parkinson's, which affects a patient's movements and motor skills.Parkinson’s disease does not only result from old age. It also has been shown to occur more frequently among men who are...
- What Are the Symptoms of a Concussion?
A concussion refers to a traumatic brain injury that is not very serious. The word has its origin from concutere, the Latin word for ‘violent shaking’. Concussions commonly occur during contact sports, recreation activities, accidents, injuries, and falls. Concussions are very common among...
- Dr. Paul Herberton Gordon M.D.710 W 168th St New York NY 10032
- Dr. Nilay R. Shah MD725 River Rd Edgewater NJ 07020
- Dr. Igor Gene Turok M.D.999 Summer Street Stamford CT 06905
- Dr. Ranga Chelva Krishna M.D.108 E 183rd St Bronx NY 10453
- Dr. Uma Alampur M.D.804 Syska Road Ossining NY 10562
- Mrs. Jennifer Cope MD1200 East Ridgewood Avenue Ridgewood New Jersey 07450